DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Red 8GB (2x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 1.5V (older version)

DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz CL9 1.5V (newer version)

So the thing is that Vengeance pro costs like 4 dollars more than the old version and I'm not sure which one to choose. Technically the older version is faster but pro is newer. So which one to choose? And by the way my motherboard is asus h61m-e and in new egg it says "DDR3 2200(O.C.) / 2133(O.C.) / 2000(O.C.) / 1866(O.C.) / 1600 / 1333 / 1066 MHz" will I able to use 2133mhz at stock? Build quality is priority. Tell me everything that you know about these too models, it would help me a lot!

EDIT: my processor is i3-2100 and it says this in the homepage, so is this a fail or what? I mean is this a waste of money if its more than 1333mhz?

Memory Types DDR3 1066/1333

Thanks!!!!!

You should be able to use it with xmp enabled.

In most cases ram speed wont have a noticeable impact on performance, so just choose the one you likely the look of, or the cheaper on if you dont care.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Memory speed really doesn't affect performance (unless you have an APU), so it really doesn't matter which you get. 

Personally I would get the newer modules.

sold

Memory speed really doesn't affect performance (unless you have an APU), so it really doesn't matter which you get. 

Personally I would get the newer modules.

^

I have Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133MHz RAM in my system, but my CPU is running on a 1600MHz FSB speed and so there isn't any performance gain.

Even with XMP enabled, my system can only transfer data at a rate of 1600MHz, so there's no real advantage unless you overclock the processor.

Sorry for really really awful questions, but what does "xmp enabled means"?

Sorry for really really awful questions, but what does "xmp enabled means"?

It's basically a performance profile (in your BIOS, I should say) where your RAM is overclocked automatically.

I believe that allows 2133MHz RAM to run at 2133MHz, rather than getting held back at 1600MHz.

you will only see fps gain from 1333 to 1866 and after that nothing (ive tested it and its a known fact, although the gain is like 2fps) so id get the newer pro as its cl9.

also the vengeance pro isnt a newer version of the vengeance, theyre two seperate modules.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

I have Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133MHz RAM in my system, but my CPU is running on a 1600MHz FSB speed and so there isn't any performance gain.

Even with XMP enabled, my system can only transfer data at a rate of 1600MHz, so there's no real advantage unless you overclock the processor.

You must be working on a new cutting edge technology, because at the moment data transfer is measured in bits.

sold