CSGO FPS

reapersivan
Go to solution Solved by _JohnB330ci,

The game most likely isn't optimized for Windows 10 as there hasn't been a major patch since it was released. 

(ALSO MAKES ENEMIES SLIGHTLY EASIER TO SPOT AND INCREASES AIM IN THE MOST CASE FOR PEOPLE)

HEllo there so I have had very bad FPS drops on CSGO on my laptop. It has an A10 7300 APu with 1gb of R6 graphics (not a dedicated card) Ever since I upgraded to windows 10, which has been well over a month ago, I have been getting worse fps on CSGO. On MEdium settings I used to get 50+ FPS and on maxed out 45+. Now on maxed out I get 30-55 FPS and on medium 30-50. On low it's the same amount of FPS on medium. I have reinstalled my drivers, CSGO and lowered settings as well as going from 768p to 720p on fullscreen. I was wondering why this could be? Maybe Windows 10? I also installed Razer Cortex and used it, I get the same FPS with it on as well as just having my laptop in high performance. I feel that anything under 50 fps is barely playable for me since I am used to the 60fps on my main PC for gaming. Any ideas on what it could be or any fixes?

The game most likely isn't optimized for Windows 10 as there hasn't been a major patch since it was released. 

(ALSO MAKES ENEMIES SLIGHTLY EASIER TO SPOT AND INCREASES AIM IN THE MOST CASE FOR PEOPLE)

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

Buy a desktop or a good laptop ?

If you want to compete on a high level of CS:GO you'll need a decent computer though. i5 and a dedicated gpu with atleast 2gb ram.

If you want to compete on a high level of CS:GO you'll need a decent computer though. i5 and a dedicated gpu with atleast 2gb ram.

Pentium and 750Ti is all you really need

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Yeah.... Sorry but this just isn't true, many competitive players lower the resolution to something like 1280x720 (720P) because it gives a smaller area to scan, making the performance of your PC needed a lot less. And you didn't address the issue either. He had decent FPS before, and it dropped. He is wondering why.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

I already have my main rig. I just want to at least play on low 60fps when I am at school or something

I already have my main rig. I just want to at least play on low 60fps when I am at school or something

Just wait for the game to become better optimized for Windows 10, I have similar issues with WarThunders on the UI Menus but I just get on with it. 

Just wait for the game to become better optimized for Windows 10, I have similar issues with WarThunders on the UI Menus but I just get on with it. 

Hopefully it is soon, thanks!

the problem is you should be studying.

Rekt? Not rekt? What about free time? lel

Rekt? Not rekt? What about free time? lel

Na pretty sure he rekt em

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I haven't started school and I don't need a study. I always have done good in school. I get dropped off early like an hour before school. I would get bored so why not play?

Yeah.... Sorry but this just isn't true, many competitive players lower the resolution to something like 1280x720 (720P) because it gives a smaller area to scan, making the performance of your PC needed a lot less. And you didn't address the issue either. He had decent FPS before, and it dropped. He is wondering why.

yes I know, i'm ge. Most of those people have 144hz monitors though and thus want to achieve 144fps at all times.

And windows 10 is probably just bad for CS:GO. Give windows 10 some time. Although for good performance you'll need to upgrade your laptop though.

I personally haven't tried windows 10 myself yet, because of the reason that a new windows is usually buggy/not that competible with some programs after release.

yes I know, i'm ge. Most of those people have 144hz monitors though and thus want to achieve 144fps at all times.

And windows 10 is probably just bad for CS:GO. Give windows 10 some time. Although for good performance you'll need to upgrade your laptop though.

I personally haven't tried windows 10 myself yet, because of the reason that a new windows is usually buggy/not that competible with some programs after release.

I am nova 4, I suck and can't get higher. I get called a dick for "being to bossy" just when I say 2 a 2 b 1 mid"

Could be the game bar recording In the background. Press win+g to open the game bar and check if it's set to automatically record the last____mins of game play.