Where should I go to college? What should I study?

FinestRyeBread

I want to study something about computers since I love building computers as much as you guys do. Should I go into computer engineering? I kinda wanna do what Linus does but more building and be able to tinker with stuff

The Brokish Boy v1: CPU: i7-8700k GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX ti MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8gb 3200mhz DRIVES: 2x3TB WD Black , 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb 970 EVO SSD Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black Headphone: ATH-MSR7 Mic: Blue Yeti Monitors: 27" BenQ GW2765 1440p; IPS, 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p; VA

What your looking for is electrical engineering. And do it at your local public university.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

What your looking for is electrical engineering. And do it at your local public university.

That is what I'm doing :) at my school you can get a joint degree in computer and electrical engineering.

That is what I'm doing :) at my school you can get a joint degree in computer and electrical engineering.

I need to look into that

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Get a 4.0 at your local community college for your first two years (get an AS), then transfer to your choice of college. It will be much cheaper, easier, and you get your degree (BS) from a well known college without having to spend a billion dollars (close to 2/3 the price). You won't really get the full college "experience" per-se, but you also won't go as much in debt.

Please study hard. Don't waste time or money. Still have fun though, after you understand the materials.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

I need to look into that

Im going to the University of New Brunswick. In Fredricton, New Brunswick (derp). Just incase you're curious :)

Im going to the University of New Brunswick. In Fredricton, New Brunswick (derp). Just incase you're curious :)

halfway accross canada.... im looking into UofA and UofC

halfway accross canada.... im looking into UofA and UofC

I can't say I'm too familiar with those. I was looking into UofT  and UofBC but i decided i didn't wanna go so far from home, for my undergrad anyways. I live in Nova Scotia, so it was pretty much between UNB and Dalhousie for me, and I hate Halifax, so UNB it is. hahaha

I can't say I'm too familiar with those. I was looking into UofT  and UofBC but i decided i didn't wanna go so far from home, for my undergrad anyways. I live in Nova Scotia, so it was pretty much between UNB and Dalhousie for me, and I hate Halifax, so UNB it is. hahaha

I might look into UofBC do they have the program?

I want to study something about computers since I love building computers as much as you guys do. Should I go into computer engineering? I kinda wanna do what Linus does but more building and be able to tinker with stuff

Go for engineering only if you are willing to put a great amount of effort into your studies else you will end up as a drop out.

Something STEM related at least. 

This is where the money is at. 

An IT tech fits your description @OP but the pay isn't great.

A course in electronics might interest you...

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

University is a waste of time :$

Go make demn $.$ or €.€ or £.£

547b7a894bcc7.gif

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

University is a waste of time :$

Go make demn $.$ or €.€ or £.£

explain?

Do it in the UK! We have things better here.

£9000 per year plus other expensed makes it a fraction of the cost of American unis.

explain?

Maybe it's just here but employers look more at your work experience rather then degree, lol.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Do it in the UK! We have things better here.

£9000 per year plus other expensed makes it a fraction of the cost of American unis.

£9000? Over 9000! That's still a lot tbh.

Not but seriously, come to Technical University Delft: http://www.tudelft.nl/en/

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

£9000? Over 9000! That's still a lot tbh.

Not but seriously, come to Technical University Delft: http://www.tudelft.nl/en/

Yeah the government doesn't subsidise foreign students and it only provides loans for UK students.

Still like a tenth of the price of what some people pay in the US.

Yeah the government doesn't subsidise foreign students and it only provides loans for UK students.

Still like a tenth of the price of what some people pay in the US.

Well why don't come to NL where it's like under 1000€ lol.

I think this is the page: http://www.tudelft.nl/en/study/undergraduates-bachelors/undergraduate-programmes/aerospace-engineering/study-costs/

Edit: All Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes is € 1,951 per year. My bad.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Maybe it's just here but employers look more at your work experience rather then degree, lol.

Everyone has to start somewhere. Holding a degree will get his foot in the door with a higher starting salary as an engineer.

Well why don't come to NL where it's like under 1000€ lol.

I think this is the page: http://www.tudelft.nl/en/study/undergraduates-bachelors/undergraduate-programmes/aerospace-engineering/study-costs/

Edit: All Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes is € 1,951 per year. My bad.

Netherlands is hella far

The Brokish Boy v1: CPU: i7-8700k GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX ti MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8gb 3200mhz DRIVES: 2x3TB WD Black , 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb 970 EVO SSD Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black Headphone: ATH-MSR7 Mic: Blue Yeti Monitors: 27" BenQ GW2765 1440p; IPS, 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p; VA

Netherlands is hella far

Far from UK? Lol like 90 minutes ferry

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Far from UK? Lol like 30 mins flight

From the US lol

From the US lol

What a joke. US is far from the rest of the world.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU