Recording device for gaming

Heizu
Go to solution Solved by LemonCheek,

Audio Technica ATR2100 would fit your budget... and you'd still have change from it.

Don't be fooled by the looks. It looks like a handheld mic, but the fact that its a dynamic microphone (like the Rode Podcaster and the Procaster) means you are incredibly less likely to pick up background noise. Its like someone has to ram a car in your front door and explode for the mic to pick it up as background noise. But still, it'd pick up your voice... you'd just have to be 18 inches close to the mic. Depending on your table setup (like, how big your table is, how much space you have left after putting your stuff there, how much room you can put for the mic, etc...), it'd work.

Hey guys 

So after years of putting up with a crappy headset ive decided to upgrade

Im looking for something that has clear audio and can silence background noise (not too much too begin with tho)

If possible i would also like zero lag output port (theres a word for this just not coming to me >.<) 

This will be mainly for gaming and some audio recording.

I would like to stay away from bulky headsets as i often find them uncomfortable and they mess up my fro ya feel meh?! xD

You guys have any ideas what i should buy? Budget ~100

Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks!

Edit:Sorry, noticed post title might be deceiving 

Audio Technica ATR2100 would fit your budget... and you'd still have change from it.

Don't be fooled by the looks. It looks like a handheld mic, but the fact that its a dynamic microphone (like the Rode Podcaster and the Procaster) means you are incredibly less likely to pick up background noise. Its like someone has to ram a car in your front door and explode for the mic to pick it up as background noise. But still, it'd pick up your voice... you'd just have to be 18 inches close to the mic. Depending on your table setup (like, how big your table is, how much space you have left after putting your stuff there, how much room you can put for the mic, etc...), it'd work.

Formerly known as TumbleButt (I won't send dick pics now, I'll just send lemons instead (rotting lemons from now on). Recommend the M50X, I'll send you a rotting lemon... because thats what you are, a rotting lemon...)

That seems pretty good deal wise, id be able to pick up pop filter and arm for under 100 too

But i thought condenser microphones where better for my situation?

That seems pretty good deal wise, id be able to pick up pop filter and arm for under 100 too

But i thought condenser microphones where better for my situation?

Condenser mics tend to be ridiculously sensitive. Meaning that the mic is bound to pick up the sound of a pin dropping like 10 feet away at the height of 1 ft. A dynamic mic is kind of the opposite with its frequencies optimized to pick up vocals (I dunno how those engineers can calculate which specific frequency range it is that is should be sensitive to and what sound it should be recording, while being insensitive enough that a vacuum cleaner has to be 1 foot close to it for the mic to pick it up... but its worked for years, much to my surprise)

Formerly known as TumbleButt (I won't send dick pics now, I'll just send lemons instead (rotting lemons from now on). Recommend the M50X, I'll send you a rotting lemon... because thats what you are, a rotting lemon...)

Condenser mics tend to be ridiculously sensitive. Meaning that the mic is bound to pick up the sound of a pin dropping like 10 feet away at the height of 1 ft. A dynamic mic is kind of the opposite with its frequencies optimized to pick up vocals (I dunno how those engineers can calculate which specific frequency range it is that is should be sensitive to and what sound it should be recording, while being insensitive enough that a vacuum cleaner has to be 1 foot close to it for the mic to pick it up... but its worked for years, much to my surprise)

Frequency wise its just a series of band filters in order to accomplish it. Aha i know the general idea but not enough experience with audio equipment to know what type of mic to use xD. Well thanks for your input ill probably pick on up soon.

Hey guys 

So after years of putting up with a crappy headset ive decided to upgrade

Im looking for something that has clear audio and can silence background noise (not too much too begin with tho)

If possible i would also like zero lag output port (theres a word for this just not coming to me >.<) 

This will be mainly for gaming and some audio recording.

I would like to stay away from bulky headsets as i often find them uncomfortable and they mess up my fro ya feel meh?! xD

You guys have any ideas what i should buy? Budget ~100

Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks!

Edit:Sorry, noticed post title might be deceiving 

Logitech G930's are pretty damn good with programmable gaming keys but you could get like a Blue snow ball with a pop filter for cheap on ebay and then pick up a pair of AKG K240's because the bass is decent and the highs are pretty clear as well

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

Just out of curiosity , In your opinion

If i can pick up a blue yeti for 60 should i get it over your recommendation? 

aha someone just posted one for sale in one of my groups

Just out of curiosity , In your opinion

If i can pick up a blue yeti for 60 should i get it over your recommendation? 

aha someone just posted one for sale in one of my groups

If you don't mind the background noise that it can record and/or if you don't like dealing with background noise in post-production, then that'd be great.