Over Overkill Build

Crowbar_XL

Pretty sure you cant do 4 way sli with an 6700k

Well thats the biggest waste of money ive seen all month.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

That's the point.

Pretty sure you cant do 4 way sli with an 6700k

So no skylake cpu's that can yet huh? I want the lastest gen thats why.

Right. 16GBs of ram max.

Any gamer will find 3TBa of storage to last a long time. LONG.

4-Way SLI is very unstable. 3-Way is the most you should,go and even then it may be weird.

Any case over $200 isn't worth it unless it's made of pure steel and uses real glass. Nothing cheaped out on.

Mobos over $350 are a big waste of money.

A optical drive for $200 is crazy.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

That's the point.

At 5k CPU isn't really needed as much. 90% of the load is one the GPU but the CPU will hold it back but not enough to where you would notice a difference. Read previous comment also.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

That's the point.

Skylake only supports 2 way sli so if you want 4 way sli you have to go with X99

Right. 16GBs of ram max.

Any gamer will find 3TBa of storage to last a long time. LONG.

4-Way SLI is very unstable. 3-Way is the most you should,go and even then it may be weird.

Any case over $200 isn't worth it unless it's made of pure steel and uses real glass. Nothing cheaped out on.

Mobos over $350 are a big waste of money.

A optical drive for $200 is crazy.

Performance per dollar is not the point here, but about the 3 tb thing. i have 1tb drive and i have hard time with it being almost full all the time... I am a VERY heavy user when it comes to space.

Performance per dollar is not the point here, but about the 3 tb thing. i have 1tb drive and i have hard time with it being almost full all the time... I am a VERY heavy user when it comes to space.

Why not X99 if you really want to waste money?

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Just get a 18core Xeon then. Only TWICE have I seen two people come in here and ask,for a build over $10,000 or actually did it. One was a doctor ( I think some type of doctor ) and one did his ness meetings where he showed off his PC and wanted something amazing. If you build this I want pictures. For the sake 21TBs is bad. Just get 2tb in SSD and add as you go. 16gb is enough ram or if you edit videos ect ect get 32gb MAX. for the sake of your self get 3-WAY SLI because 4-way is highly unstable and was proven in a recent LTT overkill build log.

Just get a 18core Xeon then. Only TWICE have I seen two people come in here and ask,for a build over $10,000 or actually did it. One was a doctor ( I think some type of doctor ) and one did his ness meetings where he showed off his PC and wanted something amazing. If you build this I want pictures. For the sake 21TBs is bad. Just get 2tb in SSD and add as you go. 16gb is enough ram or if you edit videos ect ect get 32gb MAX. for the sake of your self get 3-WAY SLI because 4-way is highly unstable and was proven in a recent LTT overkill build log.

About that, i never actually said i actually am going to build this... I mean it MIGHT happen but not before this hardware gets outdated. 

EDIT: Was just curious about this' kind of build's performace at 5k and maybe some rendering etc

Why not X99 if you really want to waste money?

Now better?

X99 build

5960x cpu

2 way sli Titan X or max 3 way

storage your choice

EVGA 1000W P2 PSU

32GB RAM 

Done.

Money wasted!

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

X99 build

5960x cpu

2 way sli Titan X or max 3 way

storage your choice

EVGA 1000W P2 PSU

32GB RAM 

Done.

Money wasted!

I was not impressed with 3 way sli peformance at 5k in that LTT vid so i wouldn't go for less that 4 way, i mean no other choise for better performance afaik right?

Also this kind of money doesnt seem like that big of a deal to me to be honest, i mean cars cost so much more so why cant one spend this much on something like this, for me, computers is all i do and care about. Might as well spend some bigger money on it

Edit: just realised it was 2 way sli in that vid, whoops

I was not impressed with 3 way sli peformance at 5k in that LTT vid so i wouldn't go for less that 4 way, i mean no other choise for better performance afaik right?

Also this kind of money doesnt seem like that big of a deal to me to be honest, i mean cars cost so much more so why cant one spend this much on something like this, for me, computers is all i do and care about. Might as well spend some bigger money on it

Then why not go with Asus Z10PE-D16 WS and slam two Intel Xeon 2699 V3 and put two Titan X. Two Quadro M6000 in it.

256GB RAM may be. 4 x 1.4 TB Intel 750 series SSD. 4 x 4 TB WD RED, Super Flower Leadex Platinum 2000W. 3 x Asus Gsync PG27AQ. idk what case could hold it.

Listen I'm not trying to humiliate you.

I guess you are not going to use those hardwares to it's maximum potential. 

That's why I told you that you are wasting your money.

IDK whats your main use of this build. But hey anyway. This what you could get max! may be more! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Go with a 295x2 and crossfire it if you have rel money to waste xDDD

post-217715-0-30994400-1440591249.jpg

post-217715-0-30994400-1440591249.jpg

No PCI-E SSDs which are far more overkill than those

A custom phase change cooler is way overkill than that AIO

CaseLabs should also be an option

4-way SLI only has a 2-5% improvement over 3-way SLI

You could have at least put Quad Xeons on that

/sarcasm to some extent

PCI-E SSDs instead of SATA ones, if you want to overkill, overkill to the max.

Desktop: 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC | RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz | GPU: Asus GTX 1070 ROG Strix | PSU: ADATA Core Reactor 850W | Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | HDD: Samsung HD502HJ 500GB | SSD: XPG M2 SX8200 Pro 512GB | SSD 2: Crucial MX500 500GB | Microphone: Blue Snowball iCE | Headphones: Corsair HS70 Wireless | Soundcard: Maya U5 5.1 | Speakers: Genius SP-HF1800A | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10

Secondary Desktop:

CPU: Intel i7 4770k @stock | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO (Wi-Fi AC) | RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz DDR3 | GPU: Asus GTX 1070 ROG Strix | PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W | Case: SilentiumPC Aquaris X70W | HDD: Samsung HD502HJ 500GB | SSD : Corsair Force LS 240GB

ASUS ZenBook Pro UX550VD:

CPU: i5-7300HQ | RAM: 8GB DDR4, 2400MHz | GPU: GTX 1050 + Intel HD Graphics 630 | Storage: 512GB M.2 SSD 

Edit: just realised it was 2 way sli in that vid, whoops

Yeah cars cost more but Dont become slow and outdated compared to other cars in 3 years its something that can last you quite a long time before that happens but i do understand Hobbys and you can spend money on whatever you feel like if you have it. Though on the other hand i think from past videos ive watched 4 way SLI doesnt scale good at all with sometimes frames being less than 3 way or exactly the same Depending on how well the game supports it and when it does improve frames its minimal so even if i had crazy amount of money and liked computers enough it Still barley makes sense to do 4 way SLI besides to brag about how you have 4 of the highest end cards. 

Yeah cars cost more but Dont become slow and outdated compared to other cars in 3 years its something that can last you quite a long time before that happens but i do understand Hobbys and you can spend money on whatever you feel like if you have it. Though on the other hand i think from past videos ive watched 4 way SLI doesnt scale good at all with sometimes frames being less than 3 way or exactly the same Depending on how well the game supports it and when it does improve frames its minimal so even if i had crazy amount of money and liked computers enough it Still barley makes sense to do 4 way SLI besides to brag about how you have 4 of the highest end cards. 

Yeah i kinda thought about that but i didnt know it was so drastic, well. Maybe then there isnt really a way to drive 5k with solid framerate yet even with most expensive hardware.