Home Schooling / Home Instruction

-snip-

thank you so much for this. I hate seeing people's misconceptions about homeschooling be the popular opinion over the truth. 

unfortunately, it seems that it's happening with so many topics nowadays.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

I'd home school my kids if I could get them involved in outside activities with other kids, could network with other homeschooling parents of similar aged kids and there was sufficient reason to not send them to a public school. 

From what I've seen the social characteristics of the kid depends on the parents. I knew a homeschooled kid who was taught by religious zealot parents that gave him the prince treatment and he was a real prick. I knew another kid who was taught by pretty chill and intelligent parents and was really smart and didn't have too many social troubles. 

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

thank you so much for this. I hate seeing people's misconceptions about homeschooling be the popular opinion over the truth. 

unfortunately, it seems that it's happening with so many topics nowadays.

You are welcome and so true.

I'd home school my kids if I could get them involved in outside activities with other kids, could network with other homeschooling parents of similar aged kids and there was sufficient reason to not send them to a public school. 

From what I've seen the social characteristics of the kid depends on the parents. I knew a homeschooled kid who was taught by religious zealot parents that gave him the prince treatment and he was a real prick. I knew another kid who was taught by pretty chill and intelligent parents and was really smart and didn't have too many social troubles. 

I don't know much about where you live, here in the US depending on the state there are multiple options/groups that support Homeschooling and offer networking and resources for parents. Unfortunately there states for example such as California that attempted to ban Homeschooling and make it illegal for parents to do so. There are several communities that still fight for Homeschool recognition. Approximately 3 years ago here in Iowa we passed a law improving recognition of Homeschoolers as being an equivalent option to public or private school.

You are right the parents do play that pivotal impression on their children.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER