ZenFone 2 and Galaxy S6, Fastest Charging Devices After Tests

Suika

57f5b8fc9ae136df53a63c4b263b10b2.png

(click for sauce)

This kind of makes up for the lack of removable batteries... Kind of.

At least there's not much news to talk about here, but Tom's Guide has done tests on phones to figure out which is the fastest charging with Qualcomm's Quick Charge 2.0 of the many phones released with it this year. The results are a little different than just "absolute fastest," as the ZF2 actually loses to a few phones to the 100% race, but ties the lead with the S6 at 53% in 30 minutes. Images below.

The Zenfone 2 is the fastest out of the blocks, reaching 17 percent charge after just 5 minutes and 32 percent after 15 minutes. Come the 30 minute mark, the Zenfone 2 and Galaxy S6 have pulled quite a way out in front, both surpassing the 50 percent market. [...] In the latter stages of charging it is the Galaxy S6 that takes a strong lead though. The handset reaches 80 percent battery life after just 48 minutes and a full charge after 1 hour 22 minutes. The Zenfone 2 finishes charging after 1:49 and the other Quick Charge phones mostly finish in the similar 1:50-ish region, what with different battery capacities affecting the results slightly. 

After 15 Minutes

8002b9fe813e8373b05e6e1f6051da1e.png

---

After 30 Minutes

8305d25ae1ee3453c5b455898eb4218a.png

---

Reaching 100%

a25a6f5d9dbf23ca598d37db17b9e51b.png

For a quick charge, say in a short car ride to work, the ZenFone 2 takes the cake, being the fastest between 5-30 minutes of charging, but shortest total charge time is handed to the Galaxy S6 at an impressive 1:22, almost half of the iPhone 6 with no similar technology and almost an hour less than the OnePlus 2, the "Flagship Killer."

So what do you guys think? Does this change your impressions of a device, or does a removable battery like the LG G4's still reign as the supreme solution (even though it also reached 100% pretty quickly)?

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

For me, using a S4 with a removable battery, a removable battery doesnt seem as necessary for me. As a student, it is much more convenient to just bring around a wall charger or portable battery bank rather than just weird looks for randomly swapping a battery in the middle of the class. The quick charge is definitely a big plus for me, like charge it from dead during one period of class and coming out with 100% (90min classes) (getting the S6 in the coming days) and a power bank really isnt that inconvenient. I would much rather bring around a power bank than 4 spare batteries to have the same capacity.

Lack of Micro SD Card Support still pains me on the inside though. And if there was a fast way to unmount usb drive connected via OTG rather than digging though settings -_-

Isn't this test not logical? Sure one phone might get to 50%, but maybe it has a lower capacity so it takes less time to fully fill. Imo getting to a specific mAh count would be better

although if you need your phone to charge fast, you may just want a timed test regardless of capacity.... meh

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Android 5.0 chews through battery like no tomorrow no matter what.

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

I'm pretty sure that my oneplus one charges faster than most of that list, but isn't the charge time only a factor of charger amperage and battery capacity? The galaxy S6 wouldn't charge that fast off an El cheapo 3 dollar charger that hardly manages to push 1 Amp.

For example, the charger that came with my oneplus one is a 2.1 or 2.2A charger.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II