gtx660 and SkyRim questions

yoshiii

Hello

I have a 1440p monitor now and I played Skyrim to see how it would play.

I am in the beginning parts of the game, talked to the the king at the Dragons Keep or something like that.

I am getting about 60 frames per second in the game.   I thought the GTX660 wouldnt do well with a 1440p monitor.  I use Nvidia Experience to optimize my settings for the game.  Many of the settings are high or ultra.

I thought Skyrim pushes the gpu?  Is that after I add DLC and packs and things?

thats with the mods, and enb

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Skyrim is more CPU intensive than GPU intensive out of the box.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Most likely medium to high settings, but skyrim only pushes the GPU when used with A LOT of mods. Even then it's nowhere near as demanding as for example crysis 3

Mod it - ENB and stuff - then check

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

If you mod it, it will/can wreck gpus. Skyrim with dlc is no problem.

Where do I get mods and DLC from?

One place is Steam Workshop.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

enb does, 1080p with an enb 24FPS with a 660ti. Get some mods on it 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Most likely medium to high settings, but skyrim only pushes the GPU when used with A LOT of mods. Even then it's nowhere near as demanding as for example crysis 3

idk. It probably just poorly made mods but my gpu can take a beating. Crisis is good looking but i stay around 60 most the most.

Mods I would suggest looking into nexus mod manager, and look at gophers videos(i think that's his name)

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

nexus mod manger, look up gopher on YouTube it will show you how to mod skyrim.

Dlc you have to buy

nexus mod manger, look up gopher on YouTube it will show you how to mod skyrim.

Dlc you have to buy

Ok,  Thanks

I have a i7 4790K overclocked to 4.5 maybe that's why I am getting 60 fps with a GTX660 on a 1440p monitor.

Ok, Thanks

I have a i7 4790K overclocked to 4.5 maybe that's why I am getting 60 fps with a GTX660 on a 1440p monitor.

im at 4.5 and a crazy amount of mods (thomas the train dragons) i sit at 45 fps, 4k textures at 1080.glhf

When bone-stock, Skyrim murders the CPU and not the GPU.

With mods, they murder BOTH the CPU and GPU.

It was released in 2011. You have to be running an absolute turd for it to be "murdered" by vanilla Skyrim.

It was released in 2011. You have to be running an absolute turd for it to be "murdered" by vanilla Skyrim.

It was more of a joke than something literal. As in it's really unbalanced in performance.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

best place for mods is on nexusmods.com.

people on youtube i like watching mod spotlights from are Brodual (they posts a video of just one mod, and explain them in detail)

and MxR (he posts new video every sunday of the bests mods that week and explains them briefly)

It was more of a joke than something literal. As in it's really unbalanced in performance.

It's about what I would expect from a massive open world game -- especially one so old that the top end GPUs at the time of its release were about level with a GTX 950 now.

It's about what I would expect from a massive open world game -- especially one so old that the top end GPUs at the time of its release were about level with a GTX 950 now.

That and it was in the dark ages of ports; ones that used a disproportionate amount of CPU vs the GPU.

That and it was in the dark ages of ports; ones that used a disproportionate amount of CPU vs the GPU.

It wasn't a bad port. It wasn't exactly GTA IV. Actually the PS3 got a far worse port of Skyrim than the PC did by absolutely miles.

It wasn't a bad port. It wasn't exactly GTA IV. Actually the PS3 got a far worse port of Skyrim than the PC did by absolutely miles.

It still used a disproportionate amount of CPU, you can't lie :P

Driver San Francisco suffered from this exact problem and that was one of Ubisoft Kiev's BETTER ports

TF2 suffers from this problem but to be fair it's online only and was natively PC developed

However, one game series that DIDN'T suffer from this problem was the Saints Row series, which need an unusually disproportionate amount of GPU compared to the CPU.