which card is the one to take?

PandaCopyRight
Go to solution Solved by PandaCopyRight,

I wouldn't get a 960 but if you can't stretch the budget and get a 970 instead I'll more willing to pick it over the 380.

380 for the win

I recommend R9 380 as it more "fair" than 960.

380 has more texture mapping units, higher floating point perf  and more shading units.

Also, according to the rumors, 380 should perform really well with DX12  ;)

Oppa 380 Style  ^_^

380 for sure

380, unless the 960 is 15+ dollars cheaper.

Also I'd really heavily recommend getting away from that cpu. More and more New games fail to support dual core cpus not to mention that unless overclocked a Pentium can bottleneck even a 750ti at low enough settings.

380 or 390

Here there Panda! Remember me? Lol.

Personally I'd go with the 380 if you have plans to get an i5 shortly, but if you really want to take advantage of Shadowplay and other Nvidia features, I'd really try and save for a 970.

so i have come to the conclusion that everybooty wants me to get a R9 380 or a R9 280x if i can find one

As SteveGrabowski0 said, I would go as powerful as you can with a GPU. 290/x would be the best  price to performance. If you really don't have the choice to move into the that range, I would say grab the 280x, as it is a more powerful card than the 380 and 960. The 280/x and 290/x both have basic support of DX12. http://www.amd.com/en-us/press-releases/Pages/amd-demonstrates-2014mar20.aspx

the 280x seems to be a bit too much for me i cant seem to find one that in the budget from a reputable retailer :/

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

the 280x seems to be a bit too much for me i cant seem to find one that in the budget from a reputable retailer :/

I know it may seem sketch, but you should check out each partner's warranty. Find one that is transferable in your country (uses S/N instead of original purchaser's receipt), and grab one on the used market. For the US, the best on AMD side would be to grab a MSI card because they have a 3 year warranty that follows the card and not the original owner.

I know it may seem sketch, but you should check out each partner's warranty. Find one that is transferable in your country (uses S/N instead of original purchaser's receipt), and grab one on the used market. For the US, the best on AMD side would be to grab a MSI card because they have a 3 year warranty that follows the card and not the original owner.

as far as i know in the whole european union its a standard 2 year warranty for electronics ... soo...

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Personally I'd go with the 380 if you have plans to get an i5 shortly, but if you really want to take advantage of Shadowplay and other Nvidia features, I'd really try and save for a 970.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

waaaaiiitttttt  ....... Aaron? is that you???!~!!?!?!?!?!?12/1/!?1?!?1?1?!

waaaaiiitttttt  ....... Aaron? is that you???!~!!?!?!?!?!?12/1/!?1?!?1?1?!

yessir.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

yessir.

dammn ... long time no see my friend ... how ye been? :DD

btw add me on steam so we can chat :P cause i got to go to bed now :DD

I wouldn't get a 960 but if you can't stretch the budget and get a 970 instead I'll more willing to pick it over the 380.

380 for the win

I recommend R9 380 as it more "fair" than 960.

380 has more texture mapping units, higher floating point perf  and more shading units.

Also, according to the rumors, 380 should perform really well with DX12  ;)

Oppa 380 Style  ^_^

380 for sure

380, unless the 960 is 15+ dollars cheaper.

Also I'd really heavily recommend getting away from that cpu. More and more New games fail to support dual core cpus not to mention that unless overclocked a Pentium can bottleneck even a 750ti at low enough settings.

380 or 390

so i have come to the conclusion that everybooty wants me to get a R9 380 or a R9 280x if i can find one