Is ultra wide monitor good for gaming ?

thedragon0000

Yesh. You can see a lot more on the sides.

Depend what you want to play. If you are into competition stuff (Counter Strike, LoL, Dota) you might want to consider a 144Hz display.

But if you want awesome color accuracy, immersion, and lots of work space, there are many great 21:9 displays out there.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

I've got a samsung S34E790C, so curved, 34" and ultrawide.
Playing ARMA, STO and a few indi games, its pretty damn immersive. Though I use it mostly for 3D design work I gotta say that I'm very pleased with it for the few games I play. 

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

It is better for immersion in stuff like racing games, but likely wont help much in competitive games like csgo, and it would be better to get a 144hz monitor.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

For rts/strategy games it's amazing to be able to see a large chunk of the map, and for racing or fps it can be quite immersive. Honestly the question should be more like if 21:9 is worth the price premium since having more screen estate is never a bad thing.

Give me your opinions .

m8 i ain't going back from my lg 29um67 :P 21:9 masterrace

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Yes, very good. Its a rediscovery of gaming all over again. Makes you want to go through ALL your games library just because.

The only problem is that 100+hz ultrawides are very new and fucking expensive.

But there are some 75hz freesync ones that are affordable.