Need help mounting my d-14 heatsink

404-USER-NOT-FOUND-ERROR

http://www.noctua.at/pdf/manuals/noctua_nh_d14_manual_en.pdf - the manual

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/K4w8Bm - my build

how do I mount the fan

do where do I put the square pieces and mounting brackets? I tried butting the square under the motherboard but I am not sure if it's right because I have no idea how do the mounting brackets go, they always touch some part of the motherboard, do they go under or above?

the backplate goes on the back fo the motherboard, take off your side panel, you should have a cut out to get tot he back of the motherboard, if its not big enough you may need to take out the mobo to get to it, not sure for certain since i am not familiar with that case

from there install the standoffs then the mounting brackets then the cooler itself, you will probably need to take off the center fan to get to the mounting screws

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

the backplate goes on the back fo the motherboard, take off your side panel, you should have a cut out to get tot he back of the motherboard, if its not big enough you may need to take out the mobo to get to it, not sure for certain since i am not familiar with that case

from there install the standoffs then the mounting brackets then the cooler itself, you will probably need to take off the center fan to get to the mounting screws

my mbo is on the mbo box, so do I need to put it in the case?

umm..

are you serious right now?

Please, follow your own posts and mention me in comments, otherwise i won't be able to help you.

Daily OS: OpenBSD -current

lol no... its actually alot easier to install outside the case, you can install the backplate, and all the mounts but i would hold off installing the actual heatsink since its a beast and may block your access to fan headers and the like, once you have everything else in yoru case except the gpu then i would put the heatsink on

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

Well this is a special..

FOLLOW 

Please, follow your own posts and mention me in comments, otherwise i won't be able to help you.

umm..

are you serious right now?

yes, it's my first build (I was following the linus that says you should first build outside the box

lol no... its actually alot easier to install outside the case, you can install the backplate, and all the mounts but i would hold off installing the actual heatsink since its a beast and may block your access to fan headers and the like, once you have everything else in yoru case except the gpu then i would put the heatsink on

so do I have to take the GPU off?

yes, it's my first build (I was following the linus that says you should first build outside the box

so do I have to take the GPU off?

Okay, so first put your mobo on the box, and install everything, (GPU, CPU, Heatsink and en PSU) And power it up, when everything posts, you are ready to put it into the case.

Okay, so first put your mobo on the box, and install everything, (GPU, CPU, Heatsink and en PSU) And power it up, when everything posts, you are ready to put it into the case.

I have my mbo with ram, cpu and gpu installed, I got the PSU connected to my mbo with the 12v rail (the big cable) the only thing I haven't applied is the D-14

I have my mbo with ram, cpu and gpu installed, I got the PSU connected to my mbo with the 12v rail (the big cable) the only thing I haven't applied is the D-14

1. Take off your gpu for the mean time

2. Remove all the cables from the motherboard

3. Install the cooler (it will be a lot easier without a gpu in the motherboard). Do this by putting the back plate that came with the cooler on the back of the motherboard and putting the appropriate screws through the backplate and then through the board. Turn over the motherboard so you're looking at the CPU socket and screw on all the appropriate screws and mounting brackets. Then put the cooler on and tighten it down in a cross pattern

4. Put all the motherboard cables back in (don't forget 8 pin CPU power and the 24 pin motherboard power

5. Put your gpu back in and plug that into power as well

6. Short the pins and post that bitch

Current Rig

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 @4.0ghz MOBO: MSI Z87m-G45 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2x4) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120v GPU: MSI R9 270x PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Case: Corsair Air 240 (modded) SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500gb HDD: Samsung 1tb Apple Hard Drive Mouse: Razer Naga 2014