GPU for budget rigs?

Emanuel_M

Ignore what has been said above, the GTX 660 is a Kepler GPU which out performs the GTX 750 Ti, the R7 265, and is around the 270 or 370.  However, it is old but it will serve you well. 

My biggest concern is the fact it's a refurb though...  although it doesn't mean it will be terrible.

At this price, and with the low TDP it might be worth it to SLI right off the bat.

GTX 660 > the HD 7850 (which is the 265) and fights against the HD 7870 (the 270)

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

R7 260X all the way

I was going to say that at first but the 660 does seem to have better performance, so if you could get it at the same price, why not?

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

Ignore what has been said above, the GTX 660 is a Kepler GPU which out performs the GTX 750 Ti, the R7 265, and is around the 270 or 370.  However, it is old but it will serve you well. 

My biggest concern is the fact it's a refurb though...  although it doesn't mean it will be terrible.

At this price, and with the low TDP it might be worth it to SLI right off the bat.

GTX 660 > the HD 7850 (which is the 265) and fights against the HD 7870 (the 270)

Thats why I did! I have two 660s in sli. i got them BOTH for 150$. Check ebay and stuff first. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Like this? Seems like it preformes the same as a 750ti. But it's refurb, plus 15 dollers shipping, but it's still cheap.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4GH3396553&ignorebbr=1

If your comfortable with a (1 year) used GPU, if you can win the minimum bid, It's $75 for the 660.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-660-SuperCloaked-02G-P4-3069-KB-2GB-GDDR5-Graphics-Card-/331627314346?hash=item4d36873caa

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

That's technically a downgrade from a 750 Ti.

Psh, come DX12 that 260X will be smashing 970's.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

yea I saw benchmarks for it, runs really good

It fits in this budget build really good, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/s4kVzy when the time comes I'm gonna build it.

its the same as 750Ti performance wise....

R9 270 is better

R9 270X is way better

nope not really.

nope not really.

265 is like 3 FPS better in some cases.

But in a budget rig, you have a lower end CPU. Thus Nvidias superior CPU overhead would make up for the lower GPU horsepower.

Remember that ALL GPU benches are done with super high end I7s to eliminate CPU bottlenecks.

When you move down to I3/pentium/athlon levels, then that CPU overhead matters, a lot

its the same as 750Ti performance wise....

R9 270 is better

R9 270X is way better

take a look at benches as for the 270 you are correct

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.