Flow rate question...

Greetings :) .

I just have a thing that bugging me since i built my current loop. I have a dual ddc setup(both pump are around 4500RPM) but it pushes only 190l/h. That seems a little bit low for me... The loop:

res->dual pump->rad1->rad2->cpu->gpu>flow meter->res

https://dl.dropboxus...0614_134257.jpg

pump: 2xLaing DDC-Pumpe 12V DDC-1T Plus+Aquacomputer aquacover dual DDC

rad's: Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 360mm

CPU: Aquacomputer cuplex kryos PRO

GPU: Koolance VID-AR290X Water Block

flow meter: Aquacomputer Durchflusssensor "high flow USB" G1/4

Is that 190l/h flow rate normal for this loop or is it too low? :unsure:

Thanks in advance for the help :) .

I think that flow rate would be fine, two pumps are more than adequate for your loop.  You probably don't even need the second one to be honest, you don't have a very big loop.

Well the loop is small but my CPU generates a brutal amount of heat at 4,7 GHz...

Well the loop is small but my CPU generates a brutal amount of heat at 4,7 GHz...

Understandable, I just meant you aren't running 4 graphics cards, 4 rads, and have chipset and ram cooling.

D5 pumps are supposed to be the best, you have DDC which aren't supposed to be as good but since you have two of them, I think that it makes up for them being DDC.  What tops are you running on your pumps?  DDC's and D5's perform better with a good pump top.

If you are really concerned with it, replace both pumps with a single D5.  It will run quieter and cooler while having a higher flow rate (DDC's apparently have slighter better head pressure).

-SNIP-

Loop order in the big scheme of things don't really matter much but in terms of flow your perfectly fine with dual DDC pumps in a small loop like that it's more than enough.

Understandable, I just meant you aren't running 4 graphics cards, 4 rads, and have chipset and ram cooling.

D5 pumps are supposed to be the best, you have DDC which aren't supposed to be as good but since you have two of them, I think that it makes up for them being DDC.  What tops are you running on your pumps?  DDC's and D5's perform better with a good pump top.

If you are really concerned with it, replace both pumps with a single D5.  It will run quieter and cooler while having a higher flow rate (DDC's apparently have slighter better head pressure).

This one:

Aquacomputer aquacover dual DDC, Deckel für Laing- und Swiftech-Pumpen, G1/4 | Laing DDC | Pumpen | Wasserkühlung | Aquatuning Germany

@W-L

That is exactly my point, small loop wit 2xDDC and the flow rate is only 190l/h. That dont seem right to me...

This one:

Aquacomputer aquacover dual DDC, Deckel für Laing- und Swiftech-Pumpen, G1/4 | Laing DDC | Pumpen | Wasserkühlung | Aquatuning Germany

@W-L

That is exactly my point, small loop wit 2xDDC and the flow rate is only 190l/h. That dont seem right to me...

Something interesting I came across, check out the flow rates graph:

http://www.overclock.net/t/821693/review-roundup-bay-reservoirs-laing-tops

So he had 228 l/h. Thanks for the help, for my next loop i will look into d5 pumps as well(but that is far away, ~2016 December or so...).

This one:

@W-L

Skyways has pretty much summed it up there I guess it depends on the design on the pump top which can vary it's flow rates, but also if your running your pump at low settings it will also affect the maximum since pump are almost always rated at their full speed and performance.