Gigabyte 970 Gaming G1 Vs Their stock one?

EIijah

How much difference is their between these cards, I bought the normal taking a glance at the G1 and thinking that it's just a small over clock I could do myself, My friend bought the G1 spending and extra $75 (NZD) on it telling me there is a difference that I won't be able to get. So my question is, is there a difference between the cards except the small overclock? Could I easily achieve this myself or is there something special/different about it?

CPU: i5-4690K @ 4.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 970 WindForce MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3 CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GBx4  MOUSE: CM Mizar KEYBOARD: Logitec G110

The G1 is a binned chip, so you will more then likely get a decent overclocker of a card, as opposed to the regular Windforce 3X which is silicon lottery dependent. 

afaik the G1 also has the backplate whereas the regular one doesn't

"Rawr XD"

The G1 is a binned chip, so you will more then likely get a decent overclocker of a card, as opposed to the regular Windforce 3X which is silicon lottery dependent. 

afaik the G1 also has the backplate whereas the regular one doesn't

Its not actually binned, if it was it would cost a lot more than just the small price difference (also, all GPU would overclock better than those of the Windforce cards if they are binned-that's what the binning is supposed to be there for). All you pay for with the G1 Gaming is the light up logo and backplate.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Its not actually binned, if it was it would cost a lot more than just the small price difference (also, all GPU would overclock better than those of the Windforce cards if they are binned-that's what the binning is supposed to be there for). All you pay for with the G1 Gaming is the light up logo and backplate.

Then what about this? Are they lying?

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5209#ov

pjLSJld.jpg

Then what about this? Are they lying?

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5209#ov

pjLSJld.jpg

I'll put it this way, what they are saying there and on the GTX 970 G1 gaming boxes is a lie.

PMSL

I'll put it this way, what they are saying there and on the GTX 970 G1 gaming boxes is a lie.

Okay. Do you have any sort of evidence that would suggest you that they are lying? Perhaps you have a list of benchmarks of normal windforce 970s versus g1 gaming 970s and you found that they overclock about the same?

I can get a windforce 970 for 370 euros and a g1 gaming for 400. Is 30 euros worth it?

Okay. Do you have any sort of evidence that would suggest you that they are lying? Perhaps you have a list of benchmarks of normal windforce 970s versus g1 gaming 970s and you found that they overclock about the same?

I can get a windforce 970 for 370 euros and a g1 gaming for 400. Is 30 euros worth it?

Only if you want a backplate. And I know they are lying barbecue if the GPU were actually binned, then they'd all overclock better than the Windforce cards as that's the purpose of binning the GPU. I have what must be the worst GTX 970 as it can't overclock at all (voltage makes it worse BTW).

PMSL

Only if you want a backplate. And I know they are lying barbecue if the GPU were actually binned, then they'd all overclock better than the Windforce cards as that's the purpose of binning the GPU. I have what must be the worst GTX 970 as it can't overclock at all (voltage makes it worse BTW).

Do you have a G1 Gaming 970 and you can't make it overlock to 1450-1500 without increasing the voltage or not?