should i buy a second gtx 980ti? or is 1 enough for now?

saiftech

I own a gtx 980ti and I can game a lot of games at 30-60 fps on max setting, 1440p its even better using it on my g-sync monitor, but it just simply annoying having seeing games like gta 5 that cant handle the grass levels when I'm in the mounites dropping to 25fps! I know if I ever get an SLI of a gtx 980ti then it will be guaranty that every game at max including with ENB or AA or hairworks or 1440p or anything that can kill the fps in the wont drop to 60fps if I just owned a second gtx 980ti.

so tell me is it worth getting another gtx 980ti? I do have the money to buy it

You can always drop the grass from ultra to very high, there is not much of a difference in visuals but a big difference in FPS. But if you are not satisfied with the performance you are getting and have the money to spend and want to spend it on another 980ti then it is totally worth it. 

If you have the money and you think you arent having a pleasent experience why not? But if you can deal with turning the settings down, that´s up to you

If you have the spare cash to do it you would be mad not to. Just make sure you have enough for food bill and the like. 

If your experience is suffering and gaming is something you enjoy, absolutely spend the money. Life is too short to watch it go by at 25fps  :)

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on

get 2 more for a total of 3

Intel i7-4790K Processor, 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1600 RAM, ASUS Z-87 Pro Motherboard, Corsair RM 750 PSU, 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 2 x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs, ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX GPU, Corsair Carbide 500R Case, AFT Pro-77U Card Reader, Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor – U2415, Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Windows 9 (Windows 10 with StartIsBack++)

If your experience is suffering and gaming is something you enjoy, absolutely spend the money. Life is too short to watch it go by at 25fps  :)

I agree, i was in the same boat. Was running 980 non ti and had the money so said meh why not. Purchased 2 980ti's now if only the damn Sli bridge would get here I can get them put in the rig. 

Also you didnt say what type of refresh rate your monitor was but if anything over 120hz for sure get that 2nd card. 

i7 5820k, Asus Deluxe x99 3.1 board, 2 Strix980tis Sli, Intel 480gb SSD, 4T WD Black, Asus PG278Q, Acer xb271hu, UpDesk!