I started folding and i need some help.

Go to solution Solved by Whaler_99,

Ya, I cannot tell what core you have for the GPU slot - most likely a 16 if you have just started. Review the FAQ and ensure to add the client-type advanced flag to get access to Core17 projects - no guarantee though... just luck of the draw. But, having an NVidia card should get you consistently higher PPD then AMD on non Core17. :)

Also, let them settle in a bit before you start looking at PPD - intially the FAH client can be messed up on calculating it. Typically the PPD "guess" is no where near accurate during the first few % marks...

1.Does this look normal:

attachicon.gifNäyttökuva (41).png

2.My GPU only folds on FULL, why?

3.is this normal PPD? (8350@5.3Ghz, and GTX 650@1200Mhz)

I can answer one part but not the other,

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1091-linustechtips-folding-team-faq-updated-july-2013/

You can read up as to why the GPU only folds on full and as for the PPD I can't see what they are...

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I can answer one part but not the other,

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1091-linustechtips-folding-team-faq-updated-july-2013/

You can read up as to why the GPU only folds on full and as for the PPD I can't see what they are...

PPD is 5900

PPD is 5900

Together ? My HD6850 it's self is around 7000... Are you on core16 ? 

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Together ? My HD6850 it's self is around 7000... Are you on core16 ? 

That is weird, do you know that how to get higher PPD, and am i doing something wrong? 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35241-gpu-usage-not-stable/ (8th post)

If you follow that you can enable the core17 WU's and you can get more points that way, driver updates, make sure everything is up to date.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35241-gpu-usage-not-stable/ (8th post)

If you follow that you can enable the core17 WU's and you can get more points that way, driver updates, make sure everything is up to date.

Everything is up to date, and my usage is almost 100%

Everything is up to date, and my usage is almost 100%

I take it you are running core17 WU's then ? Could be the luck of the draw, some hardware performs better then others, I will try this though, @Whaler_99 to get his attention maybe he has more ideas,

I take it you are running core17 WU's then ? Could be the luck of the draw, some hardware performs better then others, I will try this though, @Whaler_99 to get his attention maybe he has more ideas,

Thanks for help, i hope that Whaler_99 will tell that how to get higher PPD.

Thanks for help, i hope that Whaler_99 will tell that how to get higher PPD.

No problem, That is what this community if for :D

Ya, I cannot tell what core you have for the GPU slot - most likely a 16 if you have just started. Review the FAQ and ensure to add the client-type advanced flag to get access to Core17 projects - no guarantee though... just luck of the draw. But, having an NVidia card should get you consistently higher PPD then AMD on non Core17. :)

Also, let them settle in a bit before you start looking at PPD - intially the FAH client can be messed up on calculating it. Typically the PPD "guess" is no where near accurate during the first few % marks...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99