My annoying internet problem.

Xzidia

First off, I'd like to apologies if this is posted in the wrong sub forum. And secondly, my English. 

Note: If you need more information, I'll try deliver it.

Now. Back on topic. 

For me, my internet / ISP or whatever is giving me a great deal of problems. My issue is that, I face TOO many problems with downloading stuff, like: Skype. Can't download it for some weird reason, it gets to 75% or 50%. But it always fails. In-game, on steam trying to download custom maps for CS or Company of heroes 2, fails. It won't even start downloading. It's impossible to update war thunder, because it never manages to make a connection. And the list goes on. I can download the game on steam and it will finish, but i can't do it on Origin. It will reach 99.99% on all the games, but it will never be completed.

I've tried different computers to see if its something wrong with mine, but it's the same story on those as well. My friends are having the same issue on our network. But, when I'm at their place, it's fine. I can update all the games and such with out any issues. We have the same ISP, and this happens only at my house.  

Out of the blue, some time way back I stumbled upon a thread (not sure where and how i got there) that mentioned using VPNs to fix their problem. So i tired, and i worked. Using "Hotspot Shield" I could download that last 0,01% and update games left and right. But I still had issues, like GTA 5 will drop my connection after a heist, or 30 min. of gameplay for no reason at all (I don't use VPN when i play as the connection gets worse, but i don't see why i get connection problems with 50/50 mbit).

I just made it worse by upgrading to Windows 10 (clean install), because non of the VPNs are working (or they were in the start) But after a resent update it's not working any more, and I'm sick of being the problem when people want to play. For them it takes few seconds to get the new map, I need to restart steam, quit the game, find and sub to the map on the workshop and hope that it will download it, because it has the same issue there as well. that it won't download it (stops at some certain percentage and never moves from there).

I tired adding ports but failed at it, I only managed to open 80 and 443. But in DMZ it still does not work. I doubt it is my Norton, because why would it only act up here and not anywhere else? 

So, is this heard of anywhere else? And how do i explain my issue to the ISP if they are the only ones who can help :S

Info:

Router: ASUS RT-AC66U

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.Assassin2, Socket-2011 
CPU: Intel® Core i7-3930K 4.20 GHz 
CPU Cooler: Intel® High Performance Liquid Cooling 
GPU: Gainward GeForce GTX 780 ti 3072MB PhysX 
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB CL8 
Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1000w 
SSD: OCZ SSD Agility 3 Series 2.5" 240GB 
HDD: Western Digital VelociRaptor® 300GB & Seagate Barracuda® 3TB 

I have ran into issues like this in the past. We used to have comcast and downloads would take forever to download and probably never reach 100%. Try resetting your router. If that doesn't work than call your isp. I ultimately determined the cause of my issues was because the copper line running to our house was installed back in the late 1990s. We changed ISPs to FIOS and they had to install there own line into our house. Now we get the 50/50 download speed we pay for, sometimes more!

Edit: Also, check to see if there is any packet loss on your internet connection. That could also be the cause of your downloads not finishing.