Sennheiser Momentum VS Audio Technica M40x

Haruki Grayson
Go to solution Solved by ShadowCaptain,

I freaking love my momentums!!

they got great review on whathifi and they cost like double the price when reviewed

http://www.whathifi.com/sennheiser/momentum-ear/review

Which is better for:

- Gaming (I play CS:GO and MMORPGS mainly)

- Outdoor use (school/family gatherings/etc..)

- All genres of music (I usually listen to Lana Del Rey, Eminem, Monstercat, and Hurts)

- Not too bass heavy but also not completely flat (This way i can hear clear vocals in music, and clear footsteps in CS:GO, but won't ruin my EDM experience)

If you guys want to recommend something else feel free to comment below. Right now these are the two headphones i am stuck between. (Budget is $100 and below)

I freaking love my momentums!!

they got great review on whathifi and they cost like double the price when reviewed

http://www.whathifi.com/sennheiser/momentum-ear/review

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I have the m40x and they are unbeatable tbh

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Have you considered IEMs? 

I am not a big fan of IEMs. I have a pair of Sennheiser CX 300 II IEMs, IEMs are great for places where i need to wear something small and not have as much heat (ex. Gym) but in general, i think IEMs have pretty bad sound when compared to actual headphones. At least in the $100 and below price range.