Headphones or Headset for 130$

lancelot

Hello guys, I need a new headphones or headset, because i find mine HyperX Cloud not that good anymore.I find my right ear always touching the leather of the drivers and after some hours it's starts to feel very uncomfortable, but my left ear fit's perfectly without touching anything. I can spend maximum 130$ usd.

I want mega comfortable headphones/set ( i will wear these things for like 8+ hours a day) with good sound quality( I am with onboard soundcard and i don't need epic good sound), I am not mega maniac on music, but I watch a lot of movies and TV series. I listen lots of different genres of music(almost everything without Heavy Metal, Heavy Rock, RAP), Classical, alternative rock, jazz & blues,Opera,House.

So for i have my eyes on audio technica ath T500 and Steelseries 9H,

PS: I speak with people everyday on microphone so if you recommend some good cheap mice will be very good. Thank you for the help.

If bass is really important, I'd recommend the ATH-M50 . 

Otherwise ATH-AD700X

Full list of the most talked about headphones here

Senn's don't sound as good to me under gaming conditions nor do they feel as well built. My own opinion nothing more.

Yep.

Or go with this and a ModMic. It isn't the best mic but it gets the job done and I really like the company. Very kind people over there.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

If bass is really important, I'd recommend the ATH-M50 . 

Otherwise ATH-AD700X

Full list of the most talked about headphones here

Senn's don't sound as good to me under gaming conditions nor do they feel as well built. My own opinion nothing more.

Looool. Sure.

If Audio-Technica ATH - M30x are as comfortable as m50x i think i will go with m30x. I just want very good comfortable headset don't need epic good sound quality. Do you think it's as comfortable as m50x and with good sound ?

If Audio-Technica ATH - M30x are as comfortable as m50x i think i will go with m30x. I just want very good comfortable headset don't need epic good sound quality.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

HD518 is crazy comfy. HD518 with modmic gets my recommendation

I wasn't that impressed by their comfort from what I heard.

But certainly not bad

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I wasn't that impressed by their comfort from what I heard.

But certainly not bad

It's no HD800 (well, nothing is as comfy as HD800), but it's very comfortable for its price point. I had HD558 which is basically HD518 with different side cover for a year and I didn't have any problem with the comfort

It's no HD800 (well, nothing is as comfy as HD800), but it's very comfortable for its price point. I had HD558 which is basically HD518 with different side cover for a year and I didn't have any problem with the comfort

Yeah I just tried it on at the store.

It was fine, but I found others better, like some 500$ Sony thing and the hd700

(But like you said, different price point)

The 518s are comfy but they have a higher clamping force than the 558/598. This can be fixed by stretching the headphones out. The genres you listen to sound great with them and they work well for gaming. I own a pair.

For a mic I would look into a cheap neewer mic on amazon and use an extension cable. I didn't have the flex mic but I do have their lapel mics. They were around $2 each which is pretty cheap. I didn't expect much for that price and the build quality was not great. However the sound was decent enough for clear communication... what I did was shorten the cable and sleeve it with some paracord I had lying around.Then cut a strip of metal wire from a coat hanger and placed it inside the sleeving under the mic end. Basically a cheap way to make my own flex mic. Here's a pic:

IMG_0332.jpg

The 518s are comfy but they have a higher clamping force than the 558/598. This can be fixed by stretching the headphones out. The genres you listen to sound great with them and they work well for gaming. I own a pair.

For a mic I would look into a cheap neewer mic on amazon and use an extension cable. I didn't have the flex mic but I do have their lapel mics. They were around $2 each which is pretty cheap. I didn't expect much for that price and the build quality was not great. However the sound was decent enough for clear communication... what I did was shorten the cable and sleeve it with some paracord I had lying around.Then cut a strip of metal wire from a coat hanger and placed it inside the sleeving under the mic end. Basically a cheap way to make my own flex mic. Here's a pic:

IMG_0332.jpg

Could also get a 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter and v-mods boompro mic

Could also get a 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter and v-mods boompro mic

That's an option as well, but I made this from things I had lying around the house so I didn't have to buy anything extra.

If you were to do something similar it would be very cheap to make compared to buying an all in one solution like a mod mic or V moda boompro. The latter probably have better audio quality though.

Ideally you would want a flexible boom mic that is near your mouth, not a clip on.

Yes but you can do something like that =

Just quick mod like that.

Yes but you can do something like that. Just quick mod like that.

I know, I love diy. But unless you already have it I would look for a different mic. Listened to a mic test of it on youtube a couple of times and can't say it's anything special.

I know, I love diy. But unless you already have it I would look for a different mic. Listened to a mic test of it on youtube a couple of times and can't say it's anything special.

Yes i know that, but i need something cheap, because i am looking to buy HD 558.

Yes i know that, but i need something cheap, because i am looking to buy HD 558.

It should work fine then with a mod.

I did a quick search through amazon.de and found this: http://www.amazon.de/TRIXES-Flexibles-Mini-Mikrofon-5-mm-Stecker-Laptop/dp/B005BOU51Y/ref=zg_bs_430209031_36

It had no reviews though so I would just play it safe and go with the Zalman.

SHP9500 and a Zalman add-on mic is what I can think of.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

SHP9500 and a Zalman add-on mic is what I can think of.

Which are better and more comfortable SHP9500 or HD 558?