Isopropyl Alcohol for cleaning CPU?

Can i get some clarification on a few things, the term "Isopropyl" is universal or mostly American labeled on Alcohol? In France it all pretty much says Alcohol and a %

Rubbing Alcohol is indeed the same thing or not exactly, also been reading on opinions between 70% and 90%? Both which are said to be fine just require different durations for evaporation? The 70% i have is slightly yellow and brand new the 90% is clear but probably 8+ years old. Should i go buy new 90-99% Alcohol just for ease?

My fancy Gelid GC Extreme arrived yesterday and i'm ready for it hopefully. First time reapplying thermal paste is there anything too revolutionary to know? Most of the google and youtube guides are very fast and basic, could only find a video from Linus old channel in 2008, perhaps i missing the newer one?

Rubbing alcohol is fine.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Get the 90% alcohol. Just make sure you do not use nail polish remover. The 8year old 90% alcohol would be fine. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

the difference between 70% and 99% is little maybe a second faster dry time thats it and the 70% stuff you pick up at the drug store for $2.00 will do just fine compared to the 99% stuff that can cost $10-15 Personally I use alcohol swabs that come in a box of like 25 and if they are of quality they will have the same 70-90% and be made of a material that wont leave fibers

but for the most for what you will be using it on it really doesn't matter that much.

You can even use 40% vodka for cleaning CPU, but it won't be as effective as 70%/90% isopropyl alcohol.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

the product is reporting a percentage because it's a solution, which means that you are buying something that is basically water + something .

70% of alcohol + 30% of water will drain slower if compared to a solution with 99% of alcohol + 1% water, but it's probably not going to be a real issue for you .

pure or almost pure isopropyl alcohol is sometimes used for medical applications, that's when you need high quality stuff, or you can keep a 99% solution in your home if you want to have isopropyl alcohol for both cleaning your stuff and your wounds .

Isopropyl alcohol is just what it sounds like: isopropanol. If you can't find that specifically, ethanol or methanol or something similar that's sold in your area may do fine. The important point is that it has no other additives that may leave a residue, and little water content. You need it to be able to vaporize completely and quickly.

If you have 70% isopropanol, I would consider that fine as long as you are careful not to get it on the motherboard or other exposed circuitry and that you give it plenty of time for that 30% water content to evaporate completely.

I use 70% denaturated alcohol just fine.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)