Headphones :)

killerson69

I am looking for a reasonably priced pair of headphones. thank you!

Over ear, no more than $200. I will be using these for gaming. 

I am also A basshead. gotta love that bass. but anyway...

Edited by killerson69

what do you call reasonable priced? can you put a number on your budget

Also what kind? in ear? overear? open? closed? etc etc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

what do you call reasonable priced? can you put a number on your budget

Also what kind? in ear? overear? open? closed? etc etc

I will edit for you :)

I have a Pair of AudioTechnica ATH-M50X's And Swear by them 
When at home and gaming they have great clarity for listening to people in CS-GO when they are around the corner ;) 

and at the studio I use them to Monitor And Mix band's Audio.
Hop on amazon and check the reviews, defo worth it

Why Is it windows 10 not 9?

because 7 ate 9 
(say it)

DT770s

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-770-PRO-250-ohms/dp/B0006NL5SM

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I would say the Audio Technica ATH-M50 are awesome headphones for the price and you can add the mod mic if you want to make it into a headset! 

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

I have these but in black, didn't like them at first but after 2-3 days of using them I actually enjoy them :D

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-G4ME-ZERO-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00GWU8FAE

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

Easy answer.  Audio Technica ATH-M50x, for about $170 USD.  They are the most popular and most-recommended entry level audiophile-grade headphones for computer gaming purposes, and for good reason.

Beyerdynamic headphones are a great choice for people that love bass.  But the problem is that Beyerdynamic DT770 headphones are high-impedance (80-250 ohms), which almost requires you to run them through a headphone amplifier.  Meanwhile, the Audio Technica ATH-M50x runs at 38 ohms, which can run just fine if you plug them directly into a sound card or portable music player.

Edit:  As it turns out, there's also a 32-ohm variant of Beyerdynamic DT770's.  That wouldn't be a bad choice either, if you're a serious bass-head.

SSD vs HDD Direct Comparison - Identical Drive Images | SSD Boots Windows 7 + Load 27 Apps in 1 Minute | 17 Second Boot - POST to Desktop
Razer Blade 14 (2015) | Core i7-4720HQ | 8GB RAM | GeForce 970M | 500GB M.2 SSD | 14.1" 1920x1080 Display | 4.19 lbs

But the problem is that Beyerdynamic DT770 headphones are high-impedance (80-250 ohms), which almost requires you to run them through a headphone amplifier.

It really doesn't. I recommend the DT 770.

I would say the Audio Technica ATH-M50 are awesome headphones for the price and you can add the mod mic if you want to make it into a headset! 

Easy answer.  Audio Technica ATH-M50x, for about $170 USD.  They are the most popular and most-recommended entry level audiophile-grade headphones for computer gaming purposes, and for good reason.

Beyerdynamic headphones are a great choice for people that love bass.  But the problem is that Beyerdynamic DT770 headphones are high-impedance (80-250 ohms), which almost requires you to run them through a headphone amplifier.  Meanwhile, the Audio Technica ATH-M50x runs at 38 ohms, which can run just fine if you plug them directly into a sound card or portable music player.

Edit:  As it turns out, there's also a 32-ohm variant of Beyerdynamic DT770's.  That wouldn't be a bad choice either, if you're a serious bass-head.

Are you two on crack, or high on valium? For goodness sakes, I feel like I want to send both of you a dick pic.

And yeah, impedance doesn't mean jack shit compared to sensitivity. The DT770 is 96db/mw sensitive even with 250 ohm impedance, which is decently sensitive and can be ran off of on-board audio (unless your onboard audio is just terrible, then I'd recommend either the Schiit Fulla or the SMSL SD793-II [provided you have an optical out for the SMSL]) rather alright. I use my HD600's off of an iPhone 4 non-S and its pretty good anyways. Not saying a DAC and amp isn't necessary, but its nice to have if you're experiencing clipping, EMI, and some other disturbances from the source that can be remedied with a DAC and amp.

I have a Pair of AudioTechnica ATH-M50X's And Swear by them 

When at home and gaming they have great clarity for listening to people in CS-GO when they are around the corner  ;)

and at the studio I use them to Monitor And Mix band's Audio.

Hop on amazon and check the reviews, defo worth it

You should try the AKG Q701, I doubt you'll still be swearing by the M50X.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

I would say if you want a bass heavy closed headphone check out a company called aiaiai.

I have the tma-1 studio.  They have since released the tma-2, which is a fully modular headset (you can choose what drivers, ear pads,  headband, cable etc.)

They are a dark (basely and energetic is how I would describe them) pair of cans that I use for gaming and electronic music primarily.  I recently played the last of us remastered with them and found myself completely engrossed in the game, noticing the slightest sounds and just generally loving the experience with them.  Explosions just sound awesome and gunfire punchy.

http://aiaiai.dk/headphones/tma-2/presets

Something to consider if your looking for something other than ath -m40's.

Explosions just sound awesome and gunfire punchy.

If I had a dollar for every time someone used this phrase to describe a headphone they liked, I'd never work again.

Sounds like an interesting headphone though, possibly under-appreciated.

ATH-M50 Worth it... ATH-M50X not worth it..

My personal suggestion would be Dt770. And whoever said Dt770 has tons of bass has clearly never owned a pair.
For me Dt770 would be the best bang for buck at that price point.

However i would recommend a separate soundcard even for 80Ohm ones.

New Build!

#i7-6700k / Asus Z170i Pro / Zotac 980Ti / Silverstone Sugo SG13 / HyperX Savage 2666@CL13 / SS Platinum 650 / TD03-E

#i5-4690K@4,3Ghz / Asus Maximus Hero VII / NZXT Kraken X61 / GTX 980 Ti SLI / FD Define R5 / TridentX 2x8GB@1600 / SS Platinum 860XP /

ATH-M50 Worth it... ATH-M50X not worth it..

My personal suggestion would be Dt770. And whoever said Dt770 has tons of bass has clearly never owned a pair.

For me Dt770 would be the best bang for buck at that price point.

However i would recommend a separate soundcard even for 80Ohm ones.

Neither the M50 nor the M50X are worth it since the M40X is there.

And... no, you don't really need a soundcard for the 80 ohm, the 250 ohm, and maybe the 600 ohm unless the output from the source is rather bad. A fair lot of motherboards today are pretty good, despite suffering from clipping more often compared to having an external amp and DAC.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.