"Ubisoft Has Planned The End of Assassin's Creed"

TopWargamer

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/05/ubisoft-has-planned-the-end-of-assassins-creed'>Source (IGN)

I'm not a huge of fan of the series (anymore), but for those of you who still play the AC games, I'm sure this news must suck, but I'm sure it was also obvious that at one point it has to end.  

COMIC SANS

I think its good personally, I played the series for a while and ithey keep coming out with random new ones for a game that was supposed to be a trilogy,

I dealt with it through the 2 Assassin creed 2 side stories but when 3 came out and they announced this new pirate side story i was like eff it and stopped playing the series coz they were just milking it beyond dry

My PC:

Case: Corsair C70, Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45, CPU: I5-4670k, RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance, GPU: Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming , PSU: Corsair RM650W Gold, Storage: 250 GB Samsung EVO SSD, 240 GB Kingston SSDNOW

at least they can plan one not like activision with cod

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

I think it's good that a game dev is finally ending a series. Nowadays it's always several sequels and it just gets old or strays to far from the original. One game series that needs to end is saints row, if they top the previous game how will they top 4? Games like CoD are just reskins pretty much and new games like titanfall seem new and more interesting then playing a rehashed game.

Good riddance. Assassin's Creed was awesome and because of that the developers thought that every single game would be just as well received, and the quality dropped and got repetitive. They also had the ridiculous yearly release cycle. It's good to see the back of them.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

I don't care... I will probably play it but I'm not asking for continuation at all.

Ac3 was kinda boring. I personally loved AC2 and Revelations. But I haven't played it in awhile.

Nzxt Phantom 410 - I5 4670k stock - 7950 vapor x @ 1000mhz/1250mhz - Msi Z87 G45 - 8gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1600mhz - TX650 - Benq XL2420t - Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 - Deathadder 2013

love the ac series. They just need some new innovations for their game...and they did that with tree running and climbing...even though at most times it was frustrating trying to get into a tree...but the idea is there and I hope it will continue into other games...being able to do new things in all games will be beneficial to us all in the long run :P...yay to innovations in games and those companies making the games fun....

ACIII was really very boring, thank god it ends.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

IMO the best AC games were ACII & Brotherhood. Revelations and ACIII were boring.

My first responce was http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/ even though I was one of those people that kept posting on their youtube channel that they are milking this series and that it is always better to end on a high note then on a dead note. Therefore even though I'm sort of sad that they will end the series I am also VERY happy since I rather have a good ending then a CoD clone. I'm probably only sad because I am replaying Revelations right now and remembering how good that series can be. Also I hope they let fans use the universe they created once they finish with it. Fans might be able to bring life to even a completed story and it would at least ensure Ubisoft wouldn't hinder this kind of fan work http://www.moddb.com/mods/merp-middle-earth-roleplaying-project like WB did.

Hurray! This useless game finally get's trashed ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I think it's good that a game dev is finally ending a series. Nowadays it's always several sequels and it just gets old or strays to far from the original. One game series that needs to end is saints row, if they top the previous game how will they top 4? Games like CoD are just reskins pretty much and new games like titanfall seem new and more interesting then playing a rehashed game.

problem is, your way of thinking is one of the minorities, especially from Console gamers, they are perfectly fine with it (the majority at least) and eat up  rehashed games like butter, so much so that Ubisoft announced they dont want to make one shot games anymore and will only make games that will turn into franchises

My PC:

Case: Corsair C70, Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45, CPU: I5-4670k, RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance, GPU: Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming , PSU: Corsair RM650W Gold, Storage: 250 GB Samsung EVO SSD, 240 GB Kingston SSDNOW

problem is, your way of thinking is one of the minorities, especially from Console gamers, they are perfectly fine with it (the majority at least) and eat up  rehashed games like butter, so much so that Ubisoft announced they dont want to make one shot games anymore and will only make games that will turn into franchises

I understand that games are made with the idea of being franchises, but  most game devs overdo the lifespan of a game. I feel that way with AC really an assassin pirate just seems a little dumb to me. To me unless your going to radically change something the series should only have 1-6 games.

The end is when they milk the franchise dry. Their overarching plot is vague and malleable enough for them to continue it as long as they like and end it whenever they no longer see any money in the series.

Case: Fractal Design Define R3 | MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz | CPU Heatsink: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: MSI R9 280X @ 1150/1700  | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz | Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DG | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (WD1001FALS)

I understand that games are made with the idea of being franchises, but  most game devs overdo the lifespan of a game. I feel that way with AC really an assassin pirate just seems a little dumb to me. To me unless your going to radically change something the series should only have 1-6 games.

id say 3 games at most for most that dont change to much, and the installments should be pretty well spread out, or if your really not changing any like controls or anything mechanics much, then you should be really making a good story that is grabbing and the games need to be long

My PC:

id say 3 games at most for most that dont change to much, and the installments should be pretty well spread out, or if your really not changing any like controls or anything mechanics much, then you should be really making a good story that is grabbing and the games need to be long

I'd say the witcher is a good example of getting your ticks. It will only be 3 games as geralt, but they plan to do more games in the lore of it, with each game mechanically and graphics wise is a good step up and the story is good once it pulls you in. The game is only about 35 hours a playthrough. the elder scrolls also seems like something you would give ticks.

I'd say the witcher is a good example of getting your ticks. It will only be 3 games as geralt, but they plan to do more games in the lore of it, with each game mechanically and graphics wise is a good step up and the story is good once it pulls you in. The game is only about 35 hours a playthrough. the elder scrolls also seems like something you would give ticks.

Oh man your hitting me right on the hear there my 2 favorite series, very similar games while being exact opposites at the same time, but yes, and the thing is I can wait for each one of those installments because they always do something that blows my mind and that I love, also I believe the witcher 3 is gonna be like 2 times the length from witcher 2

My PC:

Oh man your hitting me right on the hear there my 2 favorite series, very similar games while being exact opposites at the same time, but yes, and the thing is I can wait for each one of those installments because they always do something that blows my mind and that I love, also I believe the witcher 3 is gonna be like 2 times the length from witcher 2

lol they are my top level series also   :) The witcher 3 is supposed to be 70-90 hours a playthrough and by what i've seen so far it will give bethesda some competition in the open world rpg section. It's bigger than skyrim while vastly better graphics wise even with mods and the combat is looking to be very much improved and skyrim's always seemed clunky, but so did the witcher.

I don't mind, ac3 ruined it for me. the story was terrible in comparison to 2, brotherhood, and revelations.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Oh EA, why don't you do this with NFS?

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

It's about time. You can bet I'm not buying Black Flag until it's about $20 tops. The franchise is long overdue for an ending. 

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I'm glad  they're ending it. As much as I love Assassins Creed, a series that doesn't end just leads itself to its inevitable doom. AC3 was terrible in my opinion.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

lol they are my top level series also   :) The witcher 3 is supposed to be 70-90 hours a playthrough and by what i've seen so far it will give bethesda some competition in the open world rpg section. It's bigger than skyrim while vastly better graphics wise even with mods and the combat is looking to be very much improved and skyrim's always seemed clunky, but so did the witcher.

I honestly dont see them as competitors maybe in further implimentations they will be but skyrim is a light game, and all about the freedom to do whatever and be whatever you want, you may be able to really do some new stuff with Geralt but it will still always be geralt, like I (most likely) couldnt go into a city and just... make bread all day long in witcher 3, which oddy enough ive done on skyrim

My PC: