Facebook wants TV ads

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2422575,00.asp

It looks like Facebook is going to start selling spots for TV style ads on their website. The ads will be similar to the ones on YouTube videos. They plan to charge up to 2.5 million dollars per day for a spot.

My thoughts

I think companies will probably be willing to pay that much for ads. Facebook is a high traffic space for that sort of thing so I think many companies wouldn't care about how much of a rip off that is. What is troubling to me is that there seems to be no regard for the quality of the audience's experience while online. I was aggrevated enough when YouTube started plugging ads infront of their videos, the difference there was that I need a youtube and google account, there I have no choice but to put up with it. I'd also like to say that using adblock to stop that content is not really a valid excuse. Though I use adblock, it's more about the message that offends me. The fact that they would try something like this shows they have little respect for their audience. It seems like Facebook is just more concerned with making money than giving its consumers a good experience. (Though honestly, practically all companies do this so it's really nothing new.)

My hatred for Facebook has been growing for a long time and now that they're pulling stuff like this... I'm seriously considering leaving.

What about you, do you guys think this sort of change would have enough of an effect on you to delete your account?

He who dies with the most tools wins.

I personally don't mind facebook doing this I just really hope the ads do not auto play, and if they do the sound should be muted automatically 

#LESBOBRICKS

damn ads, hate it.....

Harr, darr and a couple of....... plastic earings?

LTC Wallet: LMiWdifKAN546FjyRspfhmfBWidyRPeEUK

As someone who doesn't have much internet, this is just wasted bandwidth.

Facebook needs to learn how volatile a social network is, yeah its stable now, but each modification is a risk. video adverts could be the tipping point to cause it to fall. 

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

if they make it like the Apple 1s (new 1s about pictures and stuff) i wont mind it

Character artist in the Games industry.