Overkill Build (anything I can improve on?)

Nizo_GTO

I have this insane build I'm thinking of doing, here are the specs.

Processor Intel Core i7 5960X (will upgrade when newer extreme editions come out)

Graphics Card: 2 GTX 980Ti Kingpin 80%+ ASIC SLI mode

RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200

Mobo: Asus Rampage V Extreme.

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX.

PSU: Corsair AX1200i

SSD: Intel NVME 750 series

Here's what I'm going to change, I am going to put an H100i GTX on both 980Tis, that's why I got the Kingpins 80%+ ASIC. Im going to OC the heck out of the GPUs and the CPU and the RAM. I'm even ready to do Base Clock OC but I want the highest OC possible. That's why I put the AX100i because I want atleast 300-400 watts spare power for OC. Please help if there is a higher performance anything or if something is wrong with my system compatibility. Or maybe if I should get a better PSU.

If you want to go COMPLETELY over kill on the PSU, get the AX1500i :D

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

AX1000i Dose not exist

You can't drop  a say the future skylake-e processors ;like the 6960X in unless you want to change motherboards

Why exactly are you doing this build?Do you have too much money?

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

This, :P  Jk

CPU: i5 6600k OCed to 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v, GPU: R9 390 Nitro, Motherboard: Asus z170-A, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX, RAM: HyperX 2x8 16gb DDR4, PSU: Seasonic x650, Storage: 850 EVO 500gb, WD 1tb blue, Case: H440 White/Black

Corsair power supplies are overpriced. Where are you buying from ?

I have this insane build I'm thinking of doing, here are the specs.

Processor Intel Core i7 5960X (will upgrade when newer extreme editions come out)

Graphics Card: 2 GTX 980Ti Kingpin 80%+ ASIC SLI mode

RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200

Mobo: Asus Rampage V Extreme.

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX.

PSU: Corsair AX1000i

Here's what I'm going to change, I am going to put an H100i GTX on both 980Tis, that's why I got the Kingpins 80%+ ASIC. Im going to OC the heck out of the GPUs and the CPU and the RAM. I'm even ready to do Base Clock OC but I want the highest OC possible. That's why I put the AX100i because I want atleast 300-400 watts spare power for OC. Please help if there is a higher performance anything or if something is wrong with my system compatibility. Or maybe if I should get a better PSU.

If you want to go COMPLETELY over kill on the PSU, get the AX1500i :D

just a question, might be dumb, but won't buying another 980 Ti and switching the 5960X for the 5820K be better for gaming?

You need gpu block man, kraken g10, cant put 1 cooler on 2 gpus, get 2x120mm rad for each gpu with g10 for each(if they have them)

just a question, might be dumb, but won't buying another 980 Ti and switching the 5960X for the 5820K be better for gaming?

Nah, 3 way SLI has little to no performance improvment

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

OH I KNOW, PCI-E SSD!!! HELLO???

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

I'm not using custom water cooling, no way, btw Im doing this PC cause I wanna go overkill with a 5K monitor 60-144 FPS max settings all games. Or maybe on my old 720p monitor and play Minecraft on it's lowest possible settings and watch the FPS go to 1000. I also wanna try Minecraft shaders 5K...

not overkill enough, Intel 750 Series SSD needs to happen :D

I forgot to put 750 series, ill add that now

do a custom watercooling loop

that would cost another $1000 to $2000

I have a budget, it might be loose really really loose, but I cant do custom water cooling and I'm not ready to deal with leaks

Given that you can clock the 5960X as high as the 5820K (as long as the lottery gods allow it), so will you get more benefit from the 5960X.

Considering my cooler yeah... Plus I really want 8 core because I do video editing and intensive rendering

You can't drop  a say the future skylake-e processors ;like the 6960X in unless you want to change motherboards

+1

It makes sense to wait for the 'Skylake-E' CPUs. Presumably they'll offer proper PCIe RAID support too, so you can have a nice Intel 750 RAID 0 to boot from... :)

The Intel 750 is pretty slow for boot up from what I have read. I would go with the Samsung SM951 NVME when it is released.

The SM951 NVMe drives are out already (but with patchy availability):

med_gallery_248914_3200_172084.jpg

The Intel 750 is pretty slow for boot up from what I have read. I would go with the Samsung SM951 NVME when it is released.

http://techreport.com/review/28050/intel-750-series-solid-state-drive-reviewed/5

To be fair, so is the 750 ment for work load and not as a OS disk.

So a sm951 for OS, programs and games, while using the 750 for video editing, is the best course of action.