Overclocking Software?

acwilson96

What software should I install for when I plan to overclock a 4670k on an MSI board?

I5 4670k | 7870 Tahiti LE | 1600MHz 2x4GB

You can use the MSi software that comes with your board, but I recommend you to use the bios, since those programs tends to be a bit on the unstable side 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Yes I know this but things like Prime95 for stress testing etc

I5 4670k | 7870 Tahiti LE | 1600MHz 2x4GB

Use Aida 64 and Intel Extreme Tuning Utility

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Yes I know this but things like Prime95 for stress testing etc

Don't use Prime95 for Haswell based CPU's because the program isn't designed for that architecture and can damage the CPU.

Use Intel Extreme Tuning Utility.

For stress testing, that's pretty much all you need to do.

Additionally you can use Memtest86 or similar to stress test your RAM just to ensure no stability issues or defective parts. If you've had the ram in a previous - working - build, then you can skip this step.

If you plan on overclocking your GPU, use something like MSI Kombuster, or Unigine Heaven Benchmark, plus just playing the games you own.

When running the CPU stress tester (Intel extreme, eg), run for at LEAST 12 hours. Preferably 24 hours. When stress testing the GPU, 6-8 hours is likely sufficient, as artifacting and instability shows up a lot faster with GPUs.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)