Idea for LTT tech video

P1X3

In sniper g1 video linus mentioned that cpu socket can only handle some many cpu installation.

So why don't we have slick do the test and see how many times he can reinstall cpu until socket breaks.

In sniper g1 video linus mentioned that cpu socket can only handle some many cpu installation.

So why don't we have slick do the test and see how many times he can reinstall cpu until socket breaks.

They might not want to destoy good MoBo:s.  :)

The funny thing is Linus would just laugh it off when Slick is done

Why would you want them to destroy a motherboard?

For science. Plus I am sure they have a "spare"  775 board laying somewhere near titan or 680s

It'd take too long for the monetary rewards the video would reap.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

The problem is that it wouldn't be very scientific. Carefully installing CPUs could be done many times, but a more "average" user might destroy a socket after only a few installations.

After a while someone will get pissed and a random phenom will appear and try to sit on the 775 socket. That or linus will get his samsung ssd killing baseball bat out 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Yeah, that would be like "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?"