what should i do?

Guest Johnny5g
Go to solution Solved by iHardware Shelden,

hum. how would i do this?

Assuming they are on the same network (router) and homegroup in windows you should be able to access it. It is kind of hard to explain via text but there are many simple tutorials on youtube.聽 ;)

You could use it too dual boot linux on your dell tower. I recommend ubuntu.

hum i have used ubuntu i had issues. good idea.

i could fold on the laptop and NAS the tower. what to you think?

That would work :) Only on the laptop though since the Dell would be running the FreeNAS or NAS software. You could just do windows and connect it using a network drive while also running folding at Medium settings for example.

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

That would work :) Only on the laptop though since the Dell would be running the FreeNAS or NAS software. You could just do windows and connect it using a network drive while also running folding at Medium settings for example.

that confused me :(. use the laptop as the NAS? also would i still have the drive with the NAS option?

not to be rude but i don't like those mac jokes. it video edits like a beauty. but good ideas.

I'm sorry.

But don't worry. I know a Mac is a pretty damn good PC when it comes to professional work, like video editing. I love the hardware inside, not the manufacturer or distributor.聽 ;)

I'm sorry.

But don't worry. I know a Mac is a pretty damn good PC when it comes to professional work, like video editing. I love the hardware inside, not the manufacturer or distributor.聽 ;)

it's ok. but i do love apple as a company and everything :).

i could fold on the laptop and NAS the tower. what to you think?

I would only do folding on the laptop in the day, but yes that would be a good idea.

Desktop 1:聽CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 聽GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960聽Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz 聽Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive 聽Desktop 2:聽CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 聽GPU: AMD R7 250 聽Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz 聽Mobo: MSI H81M-E33 聽PSU: Corsair CX430M 聽Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

it's ok. but i do love apple as a company and everything :).

Macs are great for everything, but gaming. Now though even more games are starting to support mac and you can also use bootcamp.

Desktop 1:聽CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 聽GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960聽Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz 聽Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive 聽Desktop 2:聽CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 聽GPU: AMD R7 250 聽Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz 聽Mobo: MSI H81M-E33 聽PSU: Corsair CX430M 聽Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

that confused me :(. use the laptop as the NAS? also would i still have the drive with the NAS option?

No the desktop run windows, then you can connect to it over the network for storage using a windows network drive and that system can run folding at the same time.

I would only do folding on the laptop in the day, but yes that would be a good idea.

ok thanks!

No the desktop run windows, then you can connect to it over the network for storage using a windows network drive and that system can run folding at the same time.

hum. i still don't get it sorry. but i think it already runs windows.

hum. i still don't get it sorry. but i think it already runs windows.

Sorry for my bad explaining :P but so what I am is saying is both systems run windows. The system you want to use for storage you can connect to with your laptop over the network and use that to transfer files back and forth. The system that you are using for storage (not the laptop) can run folding at home at medium 24/7 if you want and you can still store files on it even while that runs.

Sorry for my bad explaining :P but so what I am is saying is both systems run windows. The system you want to use for storage you can connect to with your laptop over the network and use that to transfer files back and forth. The system that you are using for storage (not the laptop) can run folding at home at medium 24/7 if you want and you can still store files on it even while that runs.

Assuming they are on the same network (router) and homegroup in windows you should be able to access it. It is kind of hard to explain via text but there are many simple tutorials on youtube.聽 ;)