Leviathan - X99, SLI 980ti's and watercooling! Final Images up!

the pokemon kid

~snip~

The ultimate Dark Side lord? He might look well as a mouse ;) 

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Cheers man! Still plenty more to come!

If you lived in the east midlands I would come see it in person. Screw safety.

Update time again!

I drained the off coloured EK liquid out of the loop and filled the entire loop up with distilled water, I ran this in there for about an hour before draining that out. There was still a fair amount of off coloured liquid clinging to the internals of the parts. So I made up the Mayhems blitz kit solution. Wearing gloves and eye protection (This stuff is pretty nasty) I poured it into the loop. I filled the reservoir to about half way as the Mayhems blitz kit has a tendency to froth up quite a lot and started the system going. I moved the pump to a few different settings over the course of the 24 hours of cleaning. 

22897892582_28b6c36216_b.jpg

Mayhems Blitz Kit by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

One thing which I wasn't expecting was to find flakes within the filter! This shocked me quite a bit, however after doing a little reading this is fairly common with some copper radiators. None the less, I needed to take the loop apart once the blitz kit was done doing its job so that I could have a look at all the blocks. I didn't get and photos of the blocks but they were actually completely clean to my surprise!

22897863972_fb7bd52997_b.jpg

22492968188_6b6607e05e_b.jpg

Here is a more detailed look at the RAM/ CPU bends which the Mayhems Blitz kit running through them! Hopefully its going to make a decent difference to the overall look!

22492896187_a85ef28afd_b.jpg

Here is another shot taken later on that day, you can see that it looks to of gotten even misty-ier which hopefully means most of the crap is getting out of my loop!

22911201675_4e2ea32107_b.jpg

After these steps I then drained the Mayhems Blitz kit out of the loop. I then connected a pipe coming from a bucket of water into the loop. This bucket was being filled by my kitchen tap and the water coming out of the loop was going straight down the drain. I ran this for about an hour just to completely flush the Mayhems blitz/ any other crap completely out of the loop to make sure it was ready for the next lot of distilled water!

Here is the loop after I added the distilled water after running the loop with tap water for an hour. Dont worry though, I used Biocide to make sure there was nothing going to grow!

22492840347_35ce8f78ec_b.jpg

Nice and Clean by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

22519006419_d8b71b1c59_b.jpg

Nice and Clean by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

Then next thing to do is to leave it running for a while just to make sure there is nothing further up with the loop as I can easily just add the rest of the remaining Mayhems Blitz kit to the loop if I need to do another clean however after two hours it is looking lovely and clean! Very happy so far!

I have also decided not to use EK's coolant, just in case there is something up with it. When I ordered the Blitz kit, I also ordered some Mayhems Blue Dye which I will be adding to the system to make a super deep blue! However that is for a future update!

I hope as always you have enjoyed this update and it has been able to help anyone out! Please subscribe to the thread for the latest updates! I hope there isnt too much left to get this system finally completed!

TPK Awwwwwaaaayyyyyyy

Loving those bends. Had a look at the build photos on your Flickr a lot of great shots.

Great work, looking forward to seeing more.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Loving the build so far, cant wait to see the blue added to the loop.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero | Intel Core i7 6700K NZXT Kraken X61 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2x MSI GTX 970 | 250GB SSD Corsair RM1000x

Loving those bends. Had a look at the build photos on your Flickr a lot of great shots.

Great work, looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers, glad you like them! I much prefer bends to straight tubing with lots of fittings.

Loving the build so far, cant wait to see the blue added to the loop.

The blue is in the loop and it looks amazing! a very different blue to what I would get out of the EK bottle!

• 2 weeks later...

It is update time again but this one is just a small update!

I have used the Mayhems blitz kit to completely clean the loop out, it is now all sorted out!

I refilled the whole loop with distilled water and added some Biocide. Everything is looking real clean, next I have added the Mayhems Blue dye to the loop! I didn't add a small amount like most people would, I went balls to the balls and almost got a midnight blue going on!

22910929495_1ef116673b_b.jpg

Final Liquid Colour by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

As you can see, the blue matches up with the blue thumbscrews and the blue on the SLI bridge! (That is the Jayztwocent SLI bridge mod too!)

Here is another angle of the loop with the Blue! I think I am in love with it!
22492600788_6c6590e710_b.jpg

Final Liquid Colour by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

I am now just waiting for a few cable bits to finish of the cabling within the system! There is also an Aquaero 5LT on its way! Looking forward to having a play with that! I will get a snap of the Aquaero and then we are into final images time, before starting overclocking etc!

Well thanks again for tuning in to another update on this build! Please subscribe so that you can be notified when my final PC build images are going to be up! Its going to be a big update!

TPK AWAYYYYYYYYYY

44 minutes ago, the pokemon kid said:

--SNIP--

TPK, you never fail to impress me! 

What a beauty. 

47 minutes ago, Necrodead said:

Liquid looks awesome!

Cheers man! Glad you like it!

36 minutes ago, z3kron said:

TPK, you never fail to impress me! 

What a beauty. 

Thanks man! I am quite liking the colour!

• 4 weeks later...

Update time!

I was expecting to of uploaded final images of this machine by now! However I have had some issues last week. I was running a Samsung 950 pro (My second one as the first one died after a week of use), It was running fine until it just stopped working similarly to the first one. I have now had to take it out of the system and send it back to Samsung for them to test it and most likely send me out a new one! This means that the overall build is delayed because of this. Everything else within the build is now complete, with the small addition of the Angel PX1 which will be housing the new Samsung 950 pro when it turns up!

Looking forward to being back up and running on the main machine in the next few days!

build looks awesome! solid work, looking forward to seeing the final pictures i hope the new drive comes soon!

• 3 months later...

Hey all!

Sorry that there hasn't been update in a while! The build log has been at the back of my mind for a short while now as things have been pretty rocky with everything happening in our family. My younger sister has had a baby however, he has spent the last 7 weeks in Hospital having surgery and lots of issues! 

However he is now out and the build log must come to a close! So this Saturday, I will be posting up the final build photos of the system!

Small update which makes me sad :(

I cant post up the final images because I wasn't able to take most of them today. The shots of the case with the side panels on require me using a CPL filter otherwise I will get crazy reflections because of the strobes I am using to take the images.

I used to have a CPL filter which I used for this sort of thing but I cannot find it for the life of me. I have now ordered another one and it will hopefully be here on Wednesday. If it turns up, then there will be final photos on wednesday evening!

Sorry for the delay guys, but you cant hurry perfection ;)