Leviathan - X99, SLI 980ti's and watercooling! Final Images up!

the pokemon kid

If you say so, time to send it all back! Thread is now closed

Better upgrade to a 5960X!

Yep you are a silly billy.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys and here is update number five!

First of all, I would like to apologies with the amount of time it has taken to get these images together! There has been lots of problems and things taking up my time! First off I had to take some time off for the project to be the head of press at the Weyfest music festival! That was a long but really fun weekend! Got to meet some amazing artists and take some "good" photos of them! Then a few days after that I flew off to my holiday in Spain! I am now back in the UK and have also got some good and bad news... 

It is best to start with the bad news, while I was away I had to send off my compact flash card which held some of the Weyfest photos and a fair few of the build log images. Unfortunately the card is dead and it has taken some of the photos with it. I sent it off to be recovered and they managed to save some stuff but not all of it. I am now missing all the tube bending images, so I am going to try and take some photos to fill the gap! Now for the good news! My Linksys 1900AC ( A pile of crap router) finally conked out on me. I had to send it back to Linksys to be RMA'd. They checked it and there was a technical fault. They have now sent me out a new one, hopefully the V2 of the router! which will be here shortly! 

Here is a quick image I put together of one of my photos from Weyfest and a photo from my holiday!

20942542844_633aa1e759_b.jpg

Holiday Image by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

But now back to PC time!

Here is some photos which were recovered from the CF card of the PC in my garden with the radiators installed! I have got a Alphacool NexXxos Monsta 240mm and 360mm. These were taken from my previous build as they are simply brilliant radiators! They fill the space at the front of the case beautifully and they are solid!

21376538518_245494d95e_b.jpg

Caselabs Mercury S8 by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

In the basement I am using the trust AF120 fans from Corsair! These are great case fans and this one in the basement is to help cool the SSD (Not that it needs cooling) and the HDD. 

20943285723_bede028d64_b.jpg

I must of had the PC outside for like two minutes before little bugs started to land on the case! He must just be a fan of my work. Or just a fan of Caselabs cases!

21376597988_016cd91426_b.jpg

Here is a shot of the two radiators in place! These things are huge, but perfectly sized for this type of case! You will also notice the hole in the case, this is going to be drilled out using the new £35 drill piece I had to buy to be able to extend the size to fit the EK-AF pass through fittings. Who said watercooling was cheap!

21564495485_e94fb60b7b_b.jpg

Here is one of the drain ports at the bottom of the radiator. The drain ports are placed here because it hides them the best. I am not a fan of showing off drainage systems as they usually look fairly ugly!

21538316526_b64d9259c5_b.jpg

Everything has fan filters on it! Love the aesthetics these give! The ones internally are black and the external ones are chrome! I am a sucker for black and chrome!

21573337111_9847705ee4_b.jpg

Here is a shot of the other drainage system within the system. This is directly bellow the 240mm radiator and fits through a small hole in the case. Also here are the braided front panel connectors. I braided them myself in the last build! It took a long time for me to get them exactly how I wanted them, multiple attempts for something that never gets seen!

20941815094_4cbd1c8e56_b.jpg

At the front of the case protecting the rest of the system from dust is all the Silverstone magnetic dust filters! I have the system in a heavy postive airflow system (5 blowing in and 2 blowing out). This means that I need dust filters or the system will get seriously furry quick! The only problem with these is that the ones of the 360mm radiator are really difficult to clean as the front of the case there isnt removeable... It means it need a vacuum and a paint brush to clean them.

20941852684_eb9784914a_b.jpg

The only problem I have with the fans I am using is that I cannot directly mount the fan filters to the fans. The issue is that the blades actually stick out a couple of MM's and because of this, they will rub and not spin because of the filters. so... I have had to take some rubber washers to space them out. This also hopefully helps with reducing the noise of them. I am using Phobia E-loops on a 7v fan speed reducer. These are amazing fans and I highly recommend them as watercooling fans!

20941997524_5b8e8097cf_b.jpg

Rubber washer by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

Some of the smaller details of the caselabs case! The hex mesh looks on point and everything is made to be solid! 

21538455756_ac0e8b1edd_b.jpg

Behind the AF120 fans I am using rubber silencing material to help reduce the noise these give off. I have always found the AF120's to be quite noise fans and these do help with the noise output of them. The main reason that I use them is because of the fan rings. I love matching the colour with the coolant!

21376628050_5cbdf3418a_b.jpg

Rubber sound dampening by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

Here is a macro shot of the fan grill and the fins of the 240mm radiator!
20941961314_2f54db62d1_b.jpg

Fan grill by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

And finally a little bit of the EK branding coming through on their reservoir mount! It holds the res very tightly in place, otherwise I would probably of had wet parts in my last build...

21573585081_a6e58828cc_b.jpg

EK Res mount by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

Thanks again for checking the build log out! There is plenty more content to come! I have got tube bending, case drilling and part fitting still to come! And there may even be some cable braiding to come!

If you haven't already, please sub to the thread to receive updates on the thread so you can be the first to see kill the parts in my system! (Hopefully that wont happen!)

TPK AWAYYYYYYYYY

Mini update here guys! so this would be update 5.5 .

Here is the SSD's I am going to be using in a RAID array. These are all 256gb. Two of these are coming from the previous build and I am adding two extra to get the extra SPPPPPEEEEEDDDD!

Got two little brackets for the SSD's so that I can fit them into hard drive cage.

21596206112_59b8494c9d_b.jpg

Storage by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

They are all Crucial M550's, I really like these SSD's! Very fast!

21596145392_2bbddea3e6_b.jpg

All nicely seated now! Looking very tidy!

21607518785_a1d2dab261_b.jpg

I put the SSD's and the 3TB WB green into the hard drive cage! I sorted the cables out with new SATA power connectors to get everything looking smart and here is the final result! On a side note, that is my mini ITX build Betsy which I am using at the moment while this build happens! Amazing how small this little PC is... or how big the hard drive cage is for the S8!

21581234776_3f22dbaf7a_b.jpg

Thanks again for checking out my build log and I hope you are enjoying the content! Please do get subbed to the thread for more updates and if you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask!

TPK AWAAYYYYYYYYY

Good good man! I am glad you are liking the build log!

Now i need to get my ass into gear and do mine.

Well here is another mini update. This time, not even to do with this build! so it is pretty much update 5.6. The previous build I was using a Asus Sabertooth Z87 board. It eventually started doing some weird things and then the NIC in it died. So when I took it out I decided to give it a wash and then a reflow to see if I could get it back to normal...

I took all the thermal armour and bought myself a contain and some De-natured Alcohol for it to be washed in.

21003215223_09eec645de_b.jpg

Bath Time by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

I got myself a little brush and made sure to scrub every part of the board. I took off all plastic parts and the heatsinks etc so I could give everything a good clean off. I left it to soak for about 30 minutes after I had washed it and then slowly let it dry before heating it with a hair dryer and then with a heat gun after I thought it was dry enough. I have since been on holiday and given it a long enough time to dry off! 

21598107936_279d3a5269_b.jpg

Bath Time by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

The processor from my old build went into my ITX PC and I sold the ITX's processor off... so I now need to get a new processor for this. And as luck would have it, I just bought two processors off of Ebay! I bought a Pentium G3258 K processor and the I3-4130t! Depending whether the NIC works or not then it will either be overclocked through the roof with the Pentium and if not, it will be swapped into my NAS...

Thanks for checking out this off topic update!

TPK AWAAYYYYYYY

Snippy Snippets

I hope the board makes it because I hate to see a good per... board die. And my build isn't worth a build log.

I hope the board makes it because I hate to see a good per... board die. And my build isn't worth a build log.

I am sure the board is going to be fine. It all looks to of dried out and hopefully the NIC is working again!

All build logs are worth showing off! You can get a lot of helpful comments on recommendations and things to do, it isn't just about showing off what you have got!

Hey guys, Another little update and this time I need a bit of help with this! I am getting some cable bits sent to me from ShakMods (Thanks Sali), and I would like to know what your thoughts are on the cable sleeving designs I could potentially make. I will be braiding the cables myself and already have the sleeving chosen. However There are a few designs for the 24 pin which interest me and I would just like to know what you think is best!

Idea 1
nneZBtv.png

Idea 2

rpQJkfI.png

Idea 3

mm1drKF.png

If you think all the designs are terrible, try making your own here! I would be very interested to see what you can make! Just remember, I will be using Black, grey and blue as they are the colours in the PC currently.

http://choosemypc.net/sleeving/

Design 1 or 3. Two has too much black imo.

Coming from a Ninja, that sounds quite funny!

I have got two shades of grey which I could use in the cables however! Might lighten them up a little!

i like 3 :P

how did the board go?

You are the first voter for number 3!

The board has loaded up fine! I let it completely dry out and then put the G3258 into it and it booted fine into the BIOS! Now I just need a boot drive so I can test everything and then test the NIC!

• 1 month later...

You are the first voter for number 3!

The board has loaded up fine! I let it completely dry out and then put the G3258 into it and it booted fine into the BIOS! Now I just need a boot drive so I can test everything and then test the NIC!

3 is the way to go.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Hey guys, Another little update and this time I need a bit of help with this! I am getting some cable bits sent to me from ShakMods (Thanks Sali), and I would like to know what your thoughts are on the cable sleeving designs I could potentially make. I will be braiding the cables myself and already have the sleeving chosen. However There are a few designs for the 24 pin which interest me and I would just like to know what you think is best!

Idea 1

nneZBtv.png

Idea 2

rpQJkfI.png

Idea 3

mm1drKF.png

If you think all the designs are terrible, try making your own here! I would be very interested to see what you can make! Just remember, I will be using Black, grey and blue as they are the colours in the PC currently.

http://choosemypc.net/sleeving/

I think #3 is the way to go

Looking for a job

• 2 months later...

Hey all! Its been a long time with a clusterfuck of problems happening one after another which have held up this build as well as my NAS build and my mini ITX build! However lets get straight down to it!

Here is the AX1200i I am going to be using to power all the components. I have custom braided cables for the PSU bar the Molex and SATA cable. (I decided not to braid these as they are in the basement and look better without braid). I took the recommendations you guys gave and made some kick ass cables!

21377996359_0d3c712d8d_b.jpg

AX1200i by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

20943732413_e8ee773326_b.jpg

Looks a little dusty on the top but that is from cleaning it with some kitchen cloth! Just seams to stick to it like something* to a towel...

21376777750_13afacd2ee_b.jpg

Here is the b-e-a-utiful braided cables I made! I couldn't of done these cables without the help from Sal at Shakmods! He has been super helpful on colour choices, guides and just general cable braiding help! He has been invaluable for this build!

22289662753_8b144eb8db_b.jpg

Custom Cables by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

Going to be getting some cable combs to clean the look of these cables up, but I am still super happy with the overall look!
22492418517_1f851102a2_b.jpg
Custom Cables by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

Also, thanks for everyones help! It took a while to get a design which I really liked. I gave it a few weeks of just starring at the designs before making my mind up!

I did a little case drilling to the get the EK pass through fitting in place and it has cleaned the aesthetics up dramatically! Very pleased with the results of this! Kinda scary however drilling through this case! One slip and its a new motherboard tray...

22723111780_f15ece735c_b.jpg

Tubing Route by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

Here are some images of the bent 16mm tube! Unfortunately I lost a load of the images of actually bending the tubing because of a hard drive in my NAS giving up the ghost... However there was a lot of moments where I was going to give up and go back to either 12mm tubing or flexible tubing as a few of the bends were being absolute bitches to get in place!

22723075250_74ecdbeba3_b.jpg

Tubing bends by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

Here is the tubing in place with the Barrow fittings, these fittings make it look so sick! for the 90 fittings I am using EK ones, they just give an amazingly clean look along with the build! (Also a minor addition which I forgot about, the PCI-e Slot screws are BLUEEEE)

22922636891_8b861be5e6_b.jpg

The fill tube is at the ready for the system to be primed before then adding the coolant into the Loop! I have got some nice blue EK coolant which will go with the build perfectly!
22288731614_11dd7903dc_b.jpg

A quick glimpse at the MONSTA radiators by Alphacool (360mm and 240mm)! These things are crazy big! Brilliant radiators in general! However, after seeing EK's new radiators I wish I had gotten some of their ones as it would fit the build much better to have all EK components in the loop!

22519305649_14647018f8_b.jpg

A quick peak into the basement where I am keeping a few things out of sight, The dual pump setup really works for me well! Its a great dual top by EK! On the left is where the HDD's and SSD's will end up going! However not putting them in there just in case of a catastrophic leak!

22519278209_c0a83b729e_b.jpg

The RAM, CPU and RAM to GPU runs. The RAM block to GPU block was the most difficult bend to get! The only way of putting it in place is to disconnect the actual fitting and attach it to the tube first! It is that tight!

However, the aesthetic of the RAM and CPU block curves just make me weak at the knees! I just love the look of bent tubing! I thought I managed a pretty good job of it overall!

22723393020_5940355f01_b.jpg

and at this point was where the build took a turn for the worse...

22493055028_c64ec75b5a_b.jpg

EK Coolant going funny by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

After filling the loop the coolant started to change colour after an hour of being in the loop! It continued to change colour to the point you could not of told it was a blue to begin with. I had no idea what was going on! Really disappointed with what had happened but that was when Sal from Shakmods told me to contact Mayhems dyes for some advice on the situation! I got in contact and some of their Blitz kit is on its way! There is something seriously up and need to fully cleanse the loop now! Wish me luck!

Thanks again for checking out my build log! It has been a long time since the last one but please do come back for more updates as they come! I am really looking forward to getting this build completed and up to show you all!

TPK AWWAAAAYYYYY

~snip~

I think I'm in love with the skull Esc button <3 

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

I think I'm in love with the skull Esc button <3 

Haha, I have got a little robot on my other keyboard.

No idea where the Darth Vader has gone, he must of gone to the dark side hahahahaha

16646142507_4410a250d4_b.jpg

K3KC Keycaps by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

snip

Now imagine the whole keyboard with storm troopers, the Num Lock with rebels, the arrows with wookies and the F-buttons with some of the main chars !

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/