Where to download linux and how to set up dual boot question

So what i need help with is i need to know where to download linux newest version and also i have two hard drives so how do i install linux on the other hard drive to boot on that too

which linux distro?

Should i just get ubuntu i only really play battlefield

Linux Mint or Ubuntu. Codeweavers CrossOver or vanilla Wine for running Windows games, Steam has some Linux games and Linux client.

No matter which distro you pick, underneath it is all 'similar' with some differences to kernel and versions of GNU stack and types of desktop managers.

Read winehq for supported games.

Ubuntu is one of the easier ones to use

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

For starters I'd suggest Ubuntu as it is the easiest to set up and use by far from my experience.

Although Ubuntu started getting weird with this implemented Amazon search. If you go Ubuntu, I'd say go for version 12.04 as it's probably the best one out there.

Use this Guide to create a bootable USB stick.

Ubuntu will ask you where to Install [Along side Windows / All disk / ...] so no worries. You can also try Ubuntu before you install it from the live stick.

Another option was "Debian" which is the base distro of which Ubuntu was created. Using it at the moment and it's very nice.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I suggest Ubuntu ^_^ it's really handy and I recommend partitioning before you go to install as the interface can be a bit scary to new people.

There are a lot of guides out there on how to create a bootable USB stick but I still recommend burning a CD if you can just in case something happens and you need to re-install.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Brother you ARE NOT gonna get Battlefield running on any Linux OS at this moment in time without some serious hacking skills. All the threads I have seen don't say anything terribly kind. You will find a couple of YouTube videos telling you how, but none that confirm it works. Still Linux is the way to go for everything besides games. Any Ubuntu variant will do just fine.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=24663

By denying scientific principles, one may maintain any paradox.

-Galileo Galilei