guys i'm desperate for help... and it's a MAC

Ok. So I'm in a seriously sticky situation.

My friend, (we're in high school) has a mac pro 2015 edition. He paid $2000 for it, and it most meaningful ways, my $900 hp computer from 2013 is better. It was NOT my decision in any way at all. Had he asked me, I would've told him not to do this, as my school requires some bullshit software which is only, ONLY, compatible on windows 8.1, to use their Wifi, and so to use it, Bootcamp would've been a must. His dad, not a very tech savvy person, really pushed him to buy a native windows 8.1 HP pc, on which they were getting an absolutely insanely good deal(6 years warranty, $400 off, total price ended up being $1000, it was an awesome deal, don't h8 HP for no reason plz). But my friend was like: no, I want a mac, I want a MAC, I WANT A MAC! And eventually, his dad agreed to get him a $2000 2015 13 inch macbook pro, but it had a 128 gig ssd, and there was a very strict condition: my friend would not, in pain of death, install ANY unnecessary bullshit on it, and would not give it to absolutely any of his friends for anything, and the friend said yes. Well, Mr friend gets the shiny new laptop, installs windows,but bootcamp for some reason doesn't have an option for more than 30 gb partition size for it, but that's fine with him. Now, he wants win 10, and guess why it won't work? So he comes to me, says is there a way to make the windows partition bigger? I said: yeah, just make the mac partition smaller, and make the windows one bigger. So we go to a website which told us that we had to go to(from inside os x) utilities, disk utilities, and drag the partition size up or down, and it made sense, so we did it, and there was now some un-partitioned space, and we boot into windows, try to make the windows partition bigger, it doesn't work. So I'm like, cool, let's make the un allocated space a new drive, and put your apps and stuff there, and he's like, coo! So I don't touch the mac or the mac recovery partitions in windows, and in mac they wouldn't have let me harm either, and I make the new drive, but now, for some reason, when we tried to boot into OSX, it booted into the recovery screen. we kinda panic, boot into windows, check if the data is gone, but th partition is still there, and the data is still there, and I'm like: wtf? and a few restarts later, even recovery disappears, and it doesn't boot into anything other than windows, and I'm like WTF!? Now, if I go to apple, It's gonna take a while to do this, and he'll have to tell his dad. His dad will immediately consult his tech genius bro, whom my friend made the mistake of calling dumb a few days ago, and my friend is gonna be in such deep shit that he'll be choking, and this is not even worrying about the financial issues! And, on top of that, if this theme continues and his windows dissapears too, then he's not gonna have a laptop to take to class, and the school will tell his parents in 2 weeks time! And well, not what should I, ME, THE PERSON ONLY PERSON WHO WAS TOUCHING THE APTOP WHEN THIS BULLSHIT STARTED HAPPENING, do? Please tell me something. I am ready to give anyone willing to help real money, as much as I can, and remote access to the windows, and everything they need, but PLEASE HELP! LMG community, I NEED YOUR HELP in getting out of this shit!

post-154237-0-45116600-1439466016.jpg

Throw the Mac out the window -> Build a PC

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

Just take it to the Apple Store and they'll reinstall it to factory settings. 

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

Aside from hitting your friend VERY hard in the head with a blunt object for buying a crApple product, you might want to post a bigger pic so we can actually see what's in it (IT'S TINY!)

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Just factory reset everything and start over from the begging and do it right this time and don't let your buddy do anything stupid.

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

Just take it to the Apple Store and they'll reinstall it to factory settings. 

Do this, it won't take long and there's no need to tell the dad.

i'm a potato

Ok. So I'm in a seriously sticky situation.

My friend, (we're in high school) has a mac pro 2015 edition. He paid $2000 for it, and it most meaningful ways, my $900 hp computer from 2013 is better. It was NOT my decision in any way at all. Had he asked me, I would've told him not to do this, as my school requires some bullshit software which is only, ONLY, compatible on windows 8.1, to use their Wifi, and so to use it, Bootcamp would've been a must. His dad, not a very tech savvy person, really pushed him to buy a native windows 8.1 HP pc, on which they were getting an absolutely insanely good deal(6 years warranty, $400 off, total price ended up being $1000, it was an awesome deal, don't h8 HP for no reason plz). But my friend was like: no, I want a mac, I want a MAC, I WANT A MAC! And eventually, his dad agreed to get him a $2000 2015 13 inch macbook pro, but it had a 128 gig ssd, and there was a very strict condition: my friend would not, in pain of death, install ANY unnecessary bullshit on it, and would not give it to absolutely any of his friends for anything, and the friend said yes. Well, Mr friend gets the shiny new laptop, installs windows,but bootcamp for some reason doesn't have an option for more than 30 gb partition size for it, but that's fine with him. Now, he wants win 10, and guess why it won't work? So he comes to me, says is there a way to make the windows partition bigger? I said: yeah, just make the mac partition smaller, and make the windows one bigger. So we go to a website which told us that we had to go to(from inside os x) utilities, disk utilities, and drag the partition size up or down, and it made sense, so we did it, and there was now some un-partitioned space, and we boot into windows, try to make the windows partition bigger, it doesn't work. So I'm like, cool, let's make the un allocated space a new drive, and put your apps and stuff there, and he's like, coo! So I don't touch the mac or the mac recovery partitions in windows, and in mac they wouldn't have let me harm either, and I make the new drive, but now, for some reason, when we tried to boot into OSX, it booted into the recovery screen. we kinda panic, boot into windows, check if the data is gone, but th partition is still there, and the data is still there, and I'm like: wtf? and a few restarts later, even recovery disappears, and it doesn't boot into anything other than windows, and I'm like WTF!? Now, if I go to apple, It's gonna take a while to do this, and he'll have to tell his dad. His dad will immediately consult his tech genius bro, whom my friend made the mistake of calling dumb a few days ago, and my friend is gonna be in such deep shit that he'll be choking, and this is not even worrying about the financial issues! And, on top of that, if this theme continues and his windows dissapears too, then he's not gonna have a laptop to take to class, and the school will tell his parents in 2 weeks time! And well, not what should I, ME, THE PERSON ONLY PERSON WHO WAS TOUCHING THE APTOP WHEN THIS BULLSHIT STARTED HAPPENING, do? Please tell me something. I am ready to give anyone willing to help real money, as much as I can, and remote access to the windows, and everything they need, but PLEASE HELP! LMG community, I NEED YOUR HELP in getting out of this shit!

Maybe reinstall OSX?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Aside from hitting your friend VERY hard in the head with a blunt object for buying a crApple product, you might want to post a bigger pic so we can actually see what's in it (IT'S TINY!)

That photo was just one I got from google to make sure you all know which recovery screen I was talking about, since I don't think that is the correct terminology for it. It's just got a few options on it, like restore to a backup, boot from some other device, etc.

Maybe reinstall OSX?

Well, I would've told the mac to download and install it again, but even the recovery/bios thing is gone, and I've got NO idea how to install OSX from windows.

That photo was just one I got from google to make sure you all know which recovery screen I was talking about, since I don't think that is the correct terminology for it. It's just got a few options on it, like restore to a backup, boot from some other device, etc.

Can you still get to that screen?

i'm a potato

I don't get why its a bad thing? And the wall of text kind of hurt my eyes, what I got out of it was, he bootcamped windows 8.1, he wants windows 10, but needs a bigger partition, so you followed the instructions wrong and its not booting at all now? why not just go back in mac os x and redo it? And I don't get why you're panicing.... sounds like a bunch of middle school students.

I don't get why its a bad thing? And the wall of text kind of hurt my eyes, what I got out of it was, he bootcamped windows 8.1, he wants windows 10, but needs a bigger partition, so you followed the instructions wrong and its not booting at all now? why not just go back in mac os x and redo it? And I don't get why you're panicing.... sounds like a bunch of middle school students.

He can't boot into OS X.

i'm a potato

Well, I would've told the mac to download and install it again, but even the recovery/bios thing is gone, and I've got NO idea how to install OSX from windows.

It is possible, don't exactly know how.... You would need the OSX installer, which contains a file called InstallESD.dmg, which you could put on an 8GB flash drive. The only problem we have is obtaining the installer, as it is only available from the Mac App Store. Maybe googling for OSX Installer will help? I will try

EDIT: found a torrent. https://thepiratebay.gd/torrent/12088807/OS_X_Yosemite_10.10.4_bootable_USB_%28DMG_File%29_%2814E46%29

Google for TransMac, install the trial, and create a USB from the downloaded DMG.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Can you still get to that screen?

no

I, for some reason, can't

All that you need is to actually read the boot key combinations... In your case hold option when turning it on and it will let you choose the disk to boot. I doubt it you fucked up the HD. More keys and explanations check https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201255

We've tried that, and we've actually fucked up the HD (without even touching it)

We've tried that, and we've actually fucked up the HD (without even touching it)

Do you guys have access to a vehicle? If so, take it the apple store and ask them to factory reset it. Done.

I'm a student currently attending the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, if you attend or around there please don't hesitate to contact me!

Mudkip: CPU: i5-4670k; Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo; Memory: 16GBs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz; Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD5H; GPU: ASUS DCUII 770 2GB @ 1254MHz; HDD: Seagate Barracude 1TB; PSU: CX750M; Case: ThermalTake A31 Chaser Thunder