Sudden Major decrease in wifi ac speed no changes.

bf314159

Hi everyone, so a few weeks ago i posted a new topic explaining my problem here and here with the asus z97-pro wifi ac motherboard wifi. To sum up everything, the wifi ac worked at super slow speeds (like 2mbps when all my other devices were getting >120mbps from the same distance.) The wifi n worked like it normally would at normal n speeds (around 80-90mbps). Bluetooth also worked... So i sent the motherboard back for rma, and they said they repaired something. So (a week later when i got it back) i rebuilt my pc and did a speed test and it was still super slow :(. They are sending another antenna for me to try, but do you think it could be the antenna when the 2.4ghz wifi n works fine. Also the antenna is in perfect condition.....is there anything else i should try in the mean time?

Thanks, Ben

Main Build: i7 4790k Cooled with H100i, Asus z97-Pro (Wifi AC), 16gb 1866MHz Hyper-X RAM, Msi GTX 660 Twin Frozer, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo500GB WD Blue Drive, 1TB WD Black, Antec 620 Watt Semimodular PSU, Monitors: Asus VG248QE, Acer LCD X203W

what channel your ac is running on, is there any potential interference from other routers, locations in your area?

I use an app on my android called 'wifi analyser' you can see channels and signal strength, etc.

Could also have a look in your router settings, maybe your router has a firmware update with fixes for ac or something?

have you tried moving your router to different spots and testing signal/transfers/etc?

DO you have other devices, like a mobile phone or tablet using the AC to the full extent as well?

Just spit balling here and there are going to be people more knowledgeable than me on this topic but these are just a few things i would try myself

So the channel is on auto.....

I also use wifi analyse which is reporting no interference at the 5ghz part....2.4 there is a little, but the problem is with 5ghz wifi ac...

There is a firmware update, but it is just a security update that probably wont fix this....right?

I have tried moving the router. It was in the same room as the pc, but still got the bad wifi ac speeds. The distance didn't change from when the wifi was working, to now...

My phone and my laptop and most of my sisters electronics are all wifi ac. I did a speedtest with most of those devices from right next to the antenna of my computer and it is using AC to the fullest extent...

Thanks for your help...idk. I am hoping it is just the antenna tough :(

Main Build: i7 4790k Cooled with H100i, Asus z97-Pro (Wifi AC), 16gb 1866MHz Hyper-X RAM, Msi GTX 660 Twin Frozer, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo500GB WD Blue Drive, 1TB WD Black, Antec 620 Watt Semimodular PSU, Monitors: Asus VG248QE, Acer LCD X203W

snip

lucky i checked back, next time mention or quote the person as i almost didnt see your reply

anyway, dam that sucks, it looks like you have an issue with the device or the antenna at least, good luck

lucky i checked back, next time mention or quote the person as i almost didnt see your reply

anyway, dam that sucks, it looks like you have an issue with the device or the antenna at least, good luck

yeah, just waiting for the antenna they said they would send......that is my last hope :(

Thanks for your help :)