How To Clean a EVGA 760(Blower Cooler)

Hello, this is my first posting on this forum so I hope that someone will find this "How To" useful. 

In this guide, I will demonstrate how to remove the plastic video card cover on a EVGA 760 so that it is possible to remove a build up of dust.

This particular card that I am using is the 4GB model, but I think that the 4GB and the 2GB board designs are the same.

Tools That are needed:  Phillips screwdriver.  

Step 1.  Remove the highlighted screws displayed in this photo.  Notice that the one screw that I highlighted is a different length.

Try to keep all of the screws sorted to remove any possible headaches.

post-10042-0-04699500-1375637047_thumb.j

post-10042-0-15414300-1375637458_thumb.j

Step 2.  Once all of the necessary screws are removed, lift up the plastic video card.  There are no cables attached to the 

video card, so there is no big reason to become concerned about damaging any cables or connectors.

post-10042-0-29508600-1375637901.png

Step 3.  Clean out the video card and remove any large dust buildups.

post-10042-0-73927300-1375638278.png

Step 4. Follow the steps in reverse order, and your card should be put together.

If you never need to pull a server out of racks, you are probably doing something right.

Is that all dust in your 760? the 760 is a relatively new card....how cna it be so dirty. ALso good writeup =) easy to understand and good pics...

-ANubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

This is a great tutorial! Hope this can get pinned for future reference!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

does this void the warranty?

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

Good tutorial , but why in the name of god did you ge the 4GB model? Seems Ultra useless to me....

Interested in Business and Technology

does this void the warranty?

To my knowledge it doesn't.  No labels were broken.  I would think that as long as you are careful (don't strip screws) it should be unnoticeable.

If you never need to pull a server out of racks, you are probably doing something right.

• 3 weeks later...

the same steps are used for gtx 660 from evga?

the same steps are used for gtx 660 from evga?

If it's reference design cooler then yes

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

It's blower style reference. It can be done.

Good tutorial , but why in the name of god did you ge the 4GB model? Seems Ultra useless to me....

For playing at high resolutions passed 1080p, 2GB doesn't always cut it if you're looking for max settings, and a good FPS, you run out of VRAM at 2 GB in the 1440p range sometimes I'd assume

Case: NZXT H440 | CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz | GPU: MSI 970, Kraken G10 | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Cooler: H100i | PSU: Corsair AX750 w/ Sleeved Cables | Display: 3xBenQ RL2455M | Fans: 5xNoctua NF-F12, 1xBitFenix Spectre |

Maybe 1 question:

I have an industrial-grade compressor at home with humidity removing fittings (?) for spray-painting. Is it okay to use such a setup for blowing out dust, when used at low pressure?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Maybe 1 question:

I have an industrial-grade compressor at home with humidity removing fittings (?) for spray-painting. Is it okay to use such a setup for blowing out dust, when used at low pressure?

Don't. There could be moisture in your air compressure.  Try and be safe and buy cans of compressed air.  Last thing you would want to happen is your card to get ruined.

Pretty cool tut mate.

thanks means a lot.

• 1 year later...