IN/OUTPUT help..... or question

KaasBroodje16
Go to solution Solved by Napper198,

@KaasBroodje16

Any sound card with a optical output will work since digital sound is not affected by any cheap audio component. Maybe your Mainboard even has a header for that and you'll only need to buy a little daughter board that plugs into your mb. Check your mb's manual for that.

Edit: if your mainboard supports digital out through headphone jack you can also use a coax to optical adapter. Or you can get a HDMI audio splitter

Edit2: this CSL one seems to be the cheapest one that doesn't totally suck

Hello,

first off, I don't know a name for this topic it's late in the night so yh

so I have a new PC (I switched pc with my dad, I now have a i5 4670k, gtx 760, 8gb ram....). I have a really expensive sound installation but I don't have a optical/spdif plugin in my motherboard. my receiver is oldish (Yamaha RX V540RDS) but fucking amazing (sorry for swearing). it doesn't have a hdmi so that's the reason why i'm here. Can I just buy a sound card and still have the nice features (like dts, dolby digital etc) and don't have shitty audio quality? I don't care if it's integrated or not but I just want to go a little cheap way or otherwise the day's of my beautiful receiver are done and I buy a new one. My budget is around 50 euro's. if it's above 70 euro's I'm buying me a new receiver. I have 5 speakers pluged in and one subwoofer if you guys want to know that. my main speakers are Canton Ergo RC-L's so you can get a idea of what kind of POWER i have when it comes down to AUDIO QUALITY.

thanks

@KaasBroodje16

Any sound card with a optical output will work since digital sound is not affected by any cheap audio component. Maybe your Mainboard even has a header for that and you'll only need to buy a little daughter board that plugs into your mb. Check your mb's manual for that.

Edit: if your mainboard supports digital out through headphone jack you can also use a coax to optical adapter. Or you can get a HDMI audio splitter

Edit2: this CSL one seems to be the cheapest one that doesn't totally suck

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

Optical is literally a pass through. You won't have any issues with audio degradation, as long as the component can send optical without messing up (so you'll be fine with just about anything that does optical out.) beringer has a USB to optucal/line out that I've seen for about $30.its pretty well reviewed.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Optical is literally a pass through. You won't have any issues with audio degradation, as long as the component can send optical without messing up (so you'll be fine with just about anything that does optical out.) beringer has a USB to optucal/line out that I've seen for about $30.its pretty well reviewed.

This.

Or cheap internal card with optical, doesn't matter, all digital

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

This.

Or cheap internal card with optical, doesn't matter, all digital

Yup :) @op, the only reason I recommend the beringer is that it ensures that you can have optical out of just about any device (I wish I had one for my laptop) and the line out ensures that it will work with just about anything :)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)