Where to get an extended warranty for a monitor

Metro

Hello

I am looking to buy an extended warranty for my ACER X34 when it comes out. Do you know where I could get one in the UK

Thanks

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

-snip-

Usually retailers/e-tailers would sell it along side the product. Not sure it will be the case for that specific monitor, but it never hurts to look around. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

Usually retailers/e-tailers would sell it along side the product. Not sure it will be the case for that specific monitor, but it never hurts to look around. 

Scan do not sell an extended warranty with the monitor.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Hello

I am looking to buy an extended warranty for my ACER X34 when it comes out. Do you know where I could get one in the UK

Thanks

depends on the seller or manufacturer.

Scan do not sell an extended warranty with the monitor.

Going slightly on a tangent, I'm not too sure why you'd even need an extended warranty. Usually, all monitors come with a 1 year manufacturers warranty, and if the device doesn't go wrong within that time-frame, it will last however long it will given its environment. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

Going slightly on a tangent, I'm not too sure why you'd even need an extended warranty. Usually, all monitors come with a 1 year manufacturers warranty, and if the device doesn't go wrong within that time-frame, it will last however long it will given its environment. 

Well it has a two year warranty but the monitor costs £1000, the 2 year warranty is quite small for the cost of the monitor.

Hello

Thanks

Simple answer is this:

You have three reliable methods of purchasing an extended warranty:

1. The Retailer - many offer their own extended warranties, such as Best Buy, Staples, and Wal-Mart.

2. The Manufacturer - Many manufacturers will offer their own extended warranties - this is mostly the OEM Prebuilt PC Market, such as HP, Dell, etc.

3. The Credit Card issuer - Many Credit Card's will come with a "free" extended warranty, where they will double (or sometimes just add One Year) the existing warranty.

Check the three above, to see if any applies.

I would NOT EVER purchase a third party extended warranty that does not come from one of the three above mentioned sources. That's just a scam waiting to happen.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Simple answer is this:

You have three reliable methods of purchasing an extended warranty:

1. The Retailer - many offer their own extended warranties, such as Best Buy, Staples, and Wal-Mart.

2. The Manufacturer - Many manufacturers will offer their own extended warranties - this is mostly the OEM Prebuilt PC Market, such as HP, Dell, etc.

3. The Credit Card issuer - Many Credit Card's will come with a "free" extended warranty, where they will double (or sometimes just add One Year) the existing warranty.

Check the three above, to see if any applies.

I would NOT EVER purchase a third party extended warranty that does not come from one of the three above mentioned sources. That's just a scam waiting to happen.

Well the manufacturer extended warranty is from ACER Direct and I have heard a lot of bad things about it, they are saying it is not related to ACER and it is called another company. The retailer does not do an extended warranty, I got it from Scan, there are no other places that sell it at the moment. I will look at the Credit Card issuer then, thanks

Well the manufacturer extended warranty is from ACER Direct and I have heard a lot of bad things about it, they are saying it is not related to ACER and it is called another company. The retailer does not do an extended warranty, I got it from Scan, there are no other places that sell it at the moment. I will look at the Credit Card issuer then, thanks

Most manufacturers contract out the extended Warranty. They - usually not being an insurance/financial company - get a proper one to "underwrite" (meaning: guarantee) the cost of paying out a warranty claim.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Most manufacturers contract out the extended Warranty. They - usually not being an insurance/financial company - get a proper one to "underwrite" (meaning: guarantee) the cost of paying out a warranty claim.

Yeah, the company they use seem to be terrible at the moment.

Yeah, the company they use seem to be terrible at the moment.

If that's the case, then your Credit Card is the only possible alternative.

Personally I wouldn't be overly concerned though. A 2 year warranty for a Monitor should be plenty to weed out any manufacturer defects. But if you're that concerned, hopefully your Credit Card offers extended warranties.