Razer blade 14 (2015) or MSI GS 70 Stealth Pro

So I am a university student that is looking to get a laptop that I can bring around with me for my day to day work while also letting me sit down and game at the highest settings that I can whenever I got free time. I'm looking for the powerful laptop that I can bring around with some ease (don't wanna bring a brick from home to campuses to the library on buses). My budget is around 4,500$ CAD before tax so there is a lot of wiggle room with what laptop I can get. You can suggest other laptops but I'd like some explanation on why they would be better. Looks arn't a big factor 

Here are the 2 choices that I have been looking at:

The MSI laptop is slightly more powerful than the razer blade with a tremendously larger amount of storage, however there have been a lot of thermal complaints about it according to Linus himself so I don't know, can anyone else confirm or is it only when I'm playing games for a long time at high settings/resolution.

The razer blade is almost as powerful as the msi laptop but it also has a 3k ish display and a touch screen which are big bonuses however the limited amount of storage is what irks me as I use this over time. 

Some other choices I found were these beasts though I don't know if they will be a pain to carry around or if they are just what I need.

Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated. :)

I may look at the new skylake laptops but I am not sure if they will be out when I start june late august / early september

JOIN THE RAZER BLADE CLUB

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

have you thought about a sager/clevo - http://www.reflexnotebook.ca/laptops-notebooks/screen-size/17-displays.html

with your budget you could pretty much custom build your laptop

I have a metabox (australian clevo) and it is awesome, not a good looker but it runs fantastic even gaming now on new titles even with the 770m in it

Clevo P650SG/P670SG fully decked out from Eurocom is the way for you to go.

Reasons:

Best CPU cooling among the thin laptops (it is only 0.24" and ~1.3 pounds thicker/heavier than Razer Blade/MSI GS60/etc)

Best GPU cooling among the thin laptops

2 M.2 SSD slots + 2 HDD slots.

Easy to open/clean/maintain

P6x0SG comes with a 980M, unlike the 970M of the GS60/Blade

Warranty DOES NOT BREAK if you clean/repaste/flash BIOS with prema's mod/flash GPU vBIOS with Prema's mod (stability, unlocked OCing and voltage control, etc)/overclock/tweak system/etc.

Cheaper than both MSI and Razer

Downsides: smaller battery than the other two (still ~4 hours is achieve-able).

If you can deal with thicker/heavier models:

Clevo P750ZM/P770ZM, also from Eurocom.

Reasons:

i7-4790K CPU

MXM-slotted (remove-able, upgrade-able) 8GB 980M GPU

Same storage options as above

G-sync potential (sadly only 4K panel with gsync on the 15" model)

no optimus = no compatibility issues

Downsides:

~2 hours battery life at most

heavier

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Get a Clevo P650SG, trust me it is much better.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Is there a big difference between the 4720HQ and the 5700 because I can't find any benchmarks that say otherwise but I dont know about the feature difference but the clevo does look very nice. Any heat problems or coil whine from the fans on the thin clevo's? I know the aorus sounds like a blowdryer but its really powerful so just wondering about this.

Is there a big difference between the 4720HQ and the 5700 because I can't find any benchmarks that say otherwise but I dont know about the feature difference but the clevo does look very nice. Any heat problems or coil whine from the fans on the thin clevo's? I know the aorus sounds like a blowdryer but its really powerful so just wondering about this.

From my experience with the Clevo P650SG with the 4720HQ. it is rather quiet while not playing games, and even while playing games, it is not that noisy though the CPU fan would ramp up somewhat higher than usual. And half the time when I play games I have the fans set at max and have headphones on, so I can't really say much.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Is there a big difference between the 4720HQ and the 5700

Any heat problems or coil whine from the fans on the thin clevo's?

No

No, Clevos are the coolest of the thin laptop bunch.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

I have the gs70 2qe and have tried a mates blade and would take the gs70 over the blade any day due to specs.

It does get hot on the wrist and keys on demanding games but I can live with that but I do wish I had went with a thicker one like the gt72 for the much better cooling but I was being vein when I bought the gs70.

CPU: Ryzen 2700x Cooler: NZXT x52 Kraken Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair Vii RAM: Team Darkgroup 3600 16GB DDR4 GPU: Palit GTX 1080 Gamerock SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256 GB, 500gb 870 Evo, 250gb 970 Evo m.2 HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracude Case: Meshify C PSU: Corsair AX860i OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop: MSI GS70 2QE

I'd go with the Razer Blade, also have a look at the Aorus X3.