BRICKED LAPTOP NEED HELP!

tomparr44

hey guys i need a bit of help, i have a HP pavillion G6 which i bought from a computer store (currys/PCworld) about 3 years it came stock with windows 8 then i upgraded it to 8.1 and now recently i upgraded it to windows 10 and it worked great, then i reset the pc so all my files would be deleted so i can sell it on as i no longer need it but now when i turn it on i get a message that says INACCESSIBLE BOOT DRIVE, and from my past experience with rooting phones i am guessing this is bricked so how can i unbrick the device? any help would be very greatly appreciated.

re-install bootloader?

What process did you use to remove your files.

Also, you've committed crimes against the night theme :D

:D it's not bricked, the BIOS just can't boot anymore from the drive, the notebook is fine, the hdd is just bugged, i would call it a softbrick, but not more than that.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

re-install bootloader?

What process did you use to remove your files.

Also, you've committed crimes against the night theme :D

how do i re-install the bootloader? and i used the windows 10 recovery software in the settings file. i appreciate the reply my friend not too many people out there willing to help.

:D it's not bricked, the BIOS just can't boot anymore from the drive, the notebook is fine, the hdd is just bugged, i would call it a softbrick, but not more than that.

what does bugged mean man?

how do i re-install the bootloader? and i used the windows 10 recovery software in the settings file. i appreciate the reply my friend not too many people out there willing to help.

Download the Windows 10 ISO and then click repair

To wipe your files, I'd mash F10 and then follow options to factory reset

^do that and you should be fine.

what does bugged mean man?

Something went wrong and is now corrupted, but as mug said, they the ISO and it might be able to fix the problem.

When a pc tries to boot it searches for the MBR (master boot record) a file that tells the notebook or pc or whatever how it should continue with booting, if that is screwed up, well you can get errors like you have for example. 

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Something went wrong and is now corrupted, but as mug said, they the ISO and it might be able to fix the problem.

When a pc tries to boot it searches for the MBR (master boot record) a file that tells the notebook or pc or whatever how it should continue with booting, if that is screwed up, well you can get errors like you have for example. 

i have gone onto the bios and went on system recovery and it is on a screen thats offering my the option to trouble shoot, i will try that and get back to you bro thanks for the help means alot  

hey man i am downloading the windows 10 iso file to my usb in my main pc, how would i install it to my laptop, in the HP bios its allowing me to get to the command prompt and what should i do?

hey man i am downloading the windows 10 iso file to my usb in my main pc, how would i install it to my laptop, in the HP bios its allowing me to get to the command prompt and what should i do?

You need to install the ISO properly on the usb, not just throwing it on the usb stick, that won't work.

Download this tool and follow it's instructions to install the ISO properly on the usb

https://wudt.codeplex.com/

After that boot from the usb stick and you might figure it out yourself, if you don't. Let me know.