Why do people buy the Surface 3?

Jackgamer91

Here in Canada the Surface 3 (2 GB model) sells for $630 with an additional $150 if you want the Bluetooth keypad.

Now, for $780 you're essentially getting an underspecced 2-in-one with a measley 2 gigs of RAM and 64 gigs of storage.

Microsoft store had a Lenovo flex-3 14 inch 2-in-one sale with an i7 U processor, full 8 gigs of RAM, a full HD touchscreen, and a 1 tb SSHD for $760 and the stock price for the Flex 3 with i5 (which blows away an Atom too) is also $760.

Why are people still buying Surfaces? Microsoft is no better than Apple as far as I am concerned ripping the customer off when it comes to hardware.

Core i7 2700K Oc'ed 4.4 Ghz, EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 SC'ed, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 240 GB Intel 730 SSD and 2 TB 7200 RPM HDD, Zalman Z9 plus case with 7 blue LED fans, Windows 10 Preview 

I plan on buying one a few months for note taking with the stylus. Plus it's sexy much like Apples computers. 2 in 1s just dont have the eye candy a surface does

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Here in Canada the Surface 3 (2 GB model) sells for $630 with an additional $150 if you want the Bluetooth keypad.

Now, for $780 you're essentially getting an underspecced 2-in-one with a measley 2 gigs of RAM and 64 gigs of storage.

Microsoft store had a Lenovo flex-3 14 inch 2-in-one sale with an i7 U processor, full 8 gigs of RAM, a full HD touchscreen, and a 1 tb SSHD for $760 and the stock price for the Flex 3 with i5 (which blows away an Atom too) is also $760.

Why are people still buying Surfaces? Microsoft is no better than Apple as far as I am concerned ripping the customer off when it comes to hardware.

Two different devices, can't directly compare them. The Lenovo is bigger, heavier, and doesn't have a digital pen input, while the Surface 3 is lighter, smaller, and has a digital pen input.

2 different products. why do people pay 700$ for a phone? with a measly 16 gb of storage, a ARM processor, and 2 gigs of ram?

I have the dell something somthing. will find it in a sec then elaborate 

-to be continued-

wooooo edit:

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-11-11-Inch-i5-4300Y-Technology/dp/B00H6YDEC4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1438993055&sr=8-3&keywords=dell+venue+11+pro+i5

with a 120$ keyboard thats super slim and has a stand. 

paid 400 for it. what do I get? a freaking tablet? naw. so far I gotten 3.5-4 hours of game streaming. playing full 1080P games with a xbox controller all over the house. LOVE IT. lots of low end games run on the hardware itself. the fact I have a 10inch tablet that for 99% of the time is dead silent, super nice to walk around with to do everything. 

granted, my price and the surface price is very diffrent. but the surface has a VERY nice build quailty, but im very happy with my tablet.