my bad experience with bestbuy today.

Guest Johnny5g
Go to solution Solved by Trik'Stari,

Bestbuy is completely terrible in every way. I will never shop there again after what happened to me and my sister.

My sister attempted to ask an employee if he could call someone over to help her find a DVD (Penny Dreadful? Never heard of it myself). He was talking with a customer in the sound system section. He looked at her, turned the volume up on the sound system he was showing off all the way up, and yelled "SORRY, I CAN'T HEAR YOU".

We walked out swearing loudly about how we would never come back, as well as not buying anything we had already picked up. Not even worth reporting that kind of behavior to the manager. Went over to FYE where we got served promptly and politely.

I plan on going online for everything I need anyways. BestBuy has shit selection, shit employees, and just generally shit all around.

Woot more hate against my competitors :D Geek Squad is a joke as I'm sure many know already.

yeah it is.

BestBuy sells that? The highest end gpu the BestBuy I live by is a GT 630.

i got a 750ti there for my dad.

i got a 750ti there for my dad.

You must have a better one.

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

Ive always had terrible service at best buys. thats why i stick to microcenters and the internet  :)

I wish there was a microcenter within reasonable driving range of me. Just because I would like to see how their stock compares to best buy.

Shit, best buy had ONE BRAND AND SIZE of computer case fans. Akust I think? Even then, they only had 80+bronze power supplies (And only EVGA, and non-modular), R7--270's (although they had gtx 970's) etc.

Not to mention, all of their RGB keyboards (k65 and that one by razer whose name I can't remember) were unpowered so you couldn't preview how bright or dim they were. Which pisses me off because this k65 is nowhere near bright enough for my taste. I wish I'd returned it when I bought it (I also wish I hadn't bought it without realizing it was a k65 and not a k70 in the first place.......not sure how I managed to do that lol)

Meanwhile, the peasant box sections took up almost 1/6th of the store. There was a group of backwards had wearing date rapists (bonus points if you get that joke) buying CoD when I was looking getting my keyboard, I made sure to mutter the word "peasants" just loud enough for them to hear.

BaseballCap.jpg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I wish there was a microcenter within reasonable driving range of me. Just because I would like to see how their stock compares to best buy.

Shit, best buy had ONE BRAND AND SIZE of computer case fans. Akust I think? Even then, they only had 80+bronze power supplies (And only EVGA, and non-modular), R7--270's (although they had gtx 970's) etc.

Not to mention, all of their RGB keyboards (k65 and that one by razer whose name I can't remember) were unpowered so you couldn't preview how bright or dim they were. Which pisses me off because this k65 is nowhere near bright enough for my taste. I wish I'd returned it when I bought it (I also wish I hadn't bought it without realizing it was a k65 and not a k70 in the first place.......not sure how I managed to do that lol)

Meanwhile, the peasant box sections took up almost 1/6th of the store. There was a group of backwards had wearing date rapists (bonus points if you get that joke) buying CoD when I was looking getting my keyboard, I made sure to mutter the word "peasants" just loud enough for them to hear.

Mines an hour and a half away. WORTH IT! It's literally like having a newegg in the store. I LOVE IT :DDDDD no more waiting for it to arrive.

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

Mines an hour and a half away. WORTH IT! It's literally like having a newegg in the store. I LOVE IT :DDDDD no more waiting for it to arrive.

Do they have a large variety of computer cases on display? I've always thought it would be better if you could make that particular choice by inspecting cases physically.

Do they have a large variety of computer cases on display? I've always thought it would be better if you could make that particular choice by inspecting cases physically.

Yep mine ( towson one) Has about 50-100 computer cases on display. :)

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

You must have a better one.

the last I was at best buy they had gtx 670's
Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Yep mine ( towson one) Has about 50-100 computer cases on display. :)

63bce4f73f70b4f333ffcebaeb62c64b.gif

I must make a pilgrimage to the nearest microcenter then. Hopefully mine is similar.

63bce4f73f70b4f333ffcebaeb62c64b.gif

I must make a pilgrimage to the nearest microcenter then. Hopefully mine is similar.

Goodluck! let me know how it goes :) Make sure to checkout the clearence/open box section! Last time I was there I picked up a 4k monitor for 30% off because someone broke the box. :D

Haha, it made me laugh when Best Buy tried to go over to the UK, they were there for about a year until The Carphone Warehouse just crucified them, it was hilarious.

I hate best buy so freaking much...

that's is how i felt. they will crush you someday like they did me. 

i have never seen a case there.

We need Tsukumo and Dospara to make their way to the US because those chains are like Microcenter on steroids, it's crazy.

Goodluck! let me know how it goes :) Make sure to checkout the clearence/open box section! Last time I was there I picked up a 4k monitor for 30% off because someone broke the box. :D

Yeah the nearest one to me is two hours away, and close enough to DC that's it's probably more like 4 hours, not worth it considering I'm a broke ass.

Interesting.

that's is how i felt. they will crush you someday like they did me. 

What happend if you dont mind me asking?

Odd. Which one did you go to? Are you sure they didnt have any?

What happend if you dont mind me asking?

Odd. Which one did you go to? Are you sure they didnt have any?

it says it all in the text. i could have been shopping at newegg but nooooooooooooooooooooooo

they did tell me that they didn't have any.

it says it all in the text. i could have been shopping at newegg but nooooooooooooooooooooooo

I dont see you mentioning microcenter in any previous text?

Unfortunately, I live in computer-illiterate New Hampshire, where Newegg is your only savior in this vast swill of old cronies, cafe-dwelling hipsters and console peasants. The nearest microcenter to me is over an hour away. No way in hell am I going there unless I happen to stop by in Boston at all. Sure, Akihabara was 66 minutes away when I lived in Japan, but that was in Japan. Massachusetts is very different from Japan.

I dont see you mentioning microcenter in any previous text?

i didn't

i didn't

You said it says it all in the text? Am i missing something? :unsure:

You said it says it all in the text? Am i missing something? :unsure:

it says what they did to me in the text.