need help with final desision on new intel rig

right so

Asus 797-a vs MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition

i5 4670 vs i5 4690

k vs non k

and also a decent but cheap air cooler with 120mm fans min?

info on what I need it for I game mainly wow and swtor but I do play some others like sniper 3 and new need for speed when released as I'm looking at moving away from console gaming I also do light video editing and photo editing by light I mean when I'm off work ill and they need me to do something lol (altho I am looking in to free lance so my work load might increase) I use 3 screens (altho only 2 connected atmo as no desk space xD) multi tasking games with tv stream and web surfing.

Case:- 4U Rack Mount Case | Cooler:- Antec Kuhler H600 | CPU:- Intel i5 4690K @ 4.50GHz GPU:- Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core Edition @ 1449MHz | Motherboard:- MSI Z97S SLI Krait | PSU:- XFX XTR 650W Gold | RAM:- HyperX DDR3 1866MHz 4GB White (x2) Black (x2) | Storage:- Kingston V300 120GB | Storage 2:- Seagate FireCuda 1TB | Build Log |

cheaper one of the motherboards (I would look at $100 M//B's due to they don't enhance performance)

i5 4690

AND GET THE K CPU for over clocking or don't get a Z97 motherboard

cheaper one of the motherboards (I would look at $100 M//B's due to they don't enhance performance)

i5 4690

AND GET THE K CPU for over clocking or don't get a Z97 motherboard

the z97-a is on cheap atmo cheaper that the msi one so ill get that and ill get the 15 4690 then as only £10 in it between the 2 will my hyper x 1866mhz 8gb ram kit work fine?

Case:- 4U Rack Mount Case | Cooler:- Antec Kuhler H600 | CPU:- Intel i5 4690K @ 4.50GHz GPU:- Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core Edition @ 1449MHz | Motherboard:- MSI Z97S SLI Krait | PSU:- XFX XTR 650W Gold | RAM:- HyperX DDR3 1866MHz 4GB White (x2) Black (x2) | Storage:- Kingston V300 120GB | Storage 2:- Seagate FireCuda 1TB | Build Log |

the z97-a is on cheap atmo cheaper that the msi one so ill get that and ill get the 15 4690 then as only £10 in it between the 2 will my hyper x 1866mhz 8gb ram kit work fine?

I can't see why not, AFAIK it is a good build, but I would get a K CPU for overclocking.

I don't say you have to OC now but get a K CPU so you can.

I can't see why not, AFAIK it is a good build, but I would get a K CPU for overclocking.

I don't say you have to OC now but get a K CPU so you can.

ye shit I did mean the k version sorry missed that off

but ye just sold my amd cpu and mb so time for intel :) until 2016 December where I will pick what ever is better at time for my new build let see if zen is a good as they claim

just need a air cooler with 120mm dual fans to replace my xigmatex loki

ye shit I did mean the k version sorry missed that off

OK.

I think the Graphics card will Bottleneck your CPU though.

That GPU is SOO old, nVidia is up to the 900 series cards.

SORRY I WAS THINKING OF THE WRONG BUILD. LOL, i need to go to bed.

but ye just sold my amd cpu and mb so time for intel :) until 2016 December where I will pick what ever is better at time for my new build let see if zen is a good as they claim

just need a air cooler with 120mm dual fans to replace my xigmatex loki

OK.

OK.

I think the Graphics card will Bottleneck your CPU though.

That GPU is SOO old, nVidia is up to the 900 series cards.

OK.

do you know any coolers? and meh unless someone buys my r9 290 I cant afford to buy NVidia which is what I want to do

do you know any coolers? and meh unless someone buys my r9 290 I cant afford to buy NVidia which is what I want to do

Sorry about the last post, I was tired and was thinking of the wrong person's build

You current card should be fine.

I AM A DERP,

Sorry, I have been up for 15 hours and i am not used to that.

You current card should be fine.

I AM A DERP,

Sorry, I have been up for 15 hours and i am not used to that.

I thought it was but I didn't want to question you as you sounded like you knew what u was on about :P but ye can u help with finding me a good 120mm cooler ?

I thought it was but I didn't want to question you as you sounded like you knew what u was on about :P but ye can u help with finding me a good 120mm cooler ?

Sorry i am off to bed,

I am rolling on a stock cooler and really don't know much about them anyway.

(I do know that AMD heat-sinks are better at removing the heat away from the CPU compared with Intel ones)