AM3+ Micro ATX For FX-8350

Hey guys I want to shrink my computer a bit and I'd like to put in a 350D so it doesn't look so empty. I have a FX-8350 and I read most micro atx boards wont support the power this chip needs. I wondered if any one could point me the right direction for a board that will support my current CPU.

Hey guys I want to shrink my computer a bit and I'd like to put in a 350D so it doesn't look so empty. I have a FX-8350 and I read most micro atx boards wont support the power this chip needs. I wondered if any one could point me the right direction for a board that will support my current CPU.

There isn't a single Micro ATX motherboard that can be trusted with the FX 8350.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Maybe Asrock 970M Pro3 (released this march and heatsinked VRMs)

Though you'll need good ventilation on the VRMs, you may be lucky and don't fry them, still another 4+1 power phase so might not be possible.

This is a signature.

Maybe Asrock 970M Pro3 (released this march and heatsinked VRMs)

Though you'll need good ventilation on the VRMs, you may be lucky and don't fry them, still another 4+1 power phase so might not be possible.

I was looking at one of those. I don't plan to over clock the CPU at all, or does the chip just demand that much?

There isn't a single Micro ATX motherboard that can be trusted with the FX 8350.

Micro atx+8350= Cream of PCB soup with grilled VRM's.

AsRock 970M Pro3 is a solid choice for stock speeds. The VRMs on that are more then enough. The GA-78LMT-USB3 from Gigabyte is pretty decent as well. Again no overclocking headroom on those VRMs but it's plenty for stock speeds.

The Asus M5A88-M (which I have) is also alright too but it's discontinued.

"Rawr XD"

I was looking at one of those. I don't plan to over clock the CPU at all, or does the chip just demand that much?

It's a good choice but the USB3 header position is retarded. Take a look at the Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 as well. 

The 970M Pro3 supports CrossFire though, with the 5 PCIe slots in the 350D.

Either way just make sure to install the rear top fan on the 350D to give some airflow over the VRMs

"Rawr XD"

Well

power_full_load.gif

Also that kind of mbs are like buying cardboard, but at stock should be OK

This is a signature.

Doesn't exist.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

It's a good choice but the USB3 header position is retarded. Take a look at the Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 as well. 

The 970M Pro3 supports CrossFire though, with the 5 PCIe slots in the 350D.

Either way just make sure to install the rear top fan on the 350D to give some airflow over the VRMs

Lol I didn't see the header. That is stupid.

It's a good choice but the USB3 header position is retarded

Haha, it's asrock. I've a B85M-ITX and my front audio cable is routed right under the GPU xD

This is a signature.

I think ill go with the asrock board and just buy a USB 3.0 to 2.0 adapter for the front USB ports. I might get tinny little fans to stick on the VRM or ill see if i can find a water block and just add them to my loop. Thank you guys