Cheap system to see if water cooling is right?

Machoman
Go to solution Solved by Senzelian,

No just I don't want to buy something that's extremely expensive put it on the wrong way and it breaks and get a replacement and then the warranty has ran out or it didn't go through, yea know?

I mean my first actually build is a little bit overkill but I thought I could do it and I did but I don't want to push anything to far into the red zone really so if I was ever going to water cool something I just don't want to fry it.

It's almost impossible to fry something these days.

Srsly, watercooling is really simple if you invest enough time in thinking about what you're doing. You could even test the loop outside of a PC without connecting them to your hardware. Just see if you get any leeks and if the loop you want to do works.

Or just start with a CPU loop first, and then if everything works just get more parts to integrate your GPU into the loop.

But I would never buy and extra system just to try out watercooling. That's a waste of money.

Eventually I want to water cool my first system I've just built but I'm not really intensively gaming on it right now. I never water cooled a GPU before but a CPU seems pretty much straight forward.. A GPU seems a bit complicated to me.

Could someone make a list of a cheap system for me to at least experiment with without breaking the bank?

Would you have any tips?

Who's the fastest God alive? MERCURY!

Want to play SMITE? Xboxone GamerTag is ItsMrMachoMan

Watercooling and cheap do not fit in one sentence...

Apart from the sentence I just wrote...  :rolleyes:

Go to Ebay or craigslist and buy something as cheap as possible but has a decent motherboard+PSU.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Watercooling and cheap do not fit in one sentence...

Apart from the sentence I just wrote... :rolleyes:

Ok well i mean I only have $1000 so can I make a simple build for around $700 and then rest for the water cooling?

Ok well i mean I only have $1000 so can I make a simple build for around $700 and then rest for the water cooling?

So you want to spend 1000$ on a build just to play around with watercooling? ôo

you can probably get an i5 for around $200

get a motherboard for around $100

16gb ram around $100

some sort of storage for $100

buy an ek kit for around $250 (this one is pretty good, but maybe buy it on frozencpu instead of ek's website so you save $60 on shipping https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-kit-l360-r2-0)

and then find a used gpu with waterblockblock with whatever is left in your budget (i was able to find an 970 with waterblocks for $375 and a 7950 with waterblock for $135 on the linustechtips classifieds, but craigslist/ebay works too)

and dont forget to buy 2 extra fittings if you buy a gpu with waterblock

forgot the case :P, just try to save some money somewhere

you can probably get an i5 for around $200

get a motherboard for around $100

16gb ram around $100

some sort of storage for $100

buy an ek kit for around $250 (this one is pretty good, but maybe buy it on frozencpu instead of ek's website so you save $60 on shipping https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-kit-l360-r2-0)

and then find a used gpu with waterblockblock with whatever is left in your budget (i was able to find an 970 with waterblocks for $375 and a 7950 with waterblock for $135 on the linustechtips classifieds, but craigslist/ebay works too)

and dont forget to buy 2 extra fittings if you buy a gpu with waterblock

forgot the case :P, just try to save some money somewhere

Ok well I'll keep looking and thank you for doing some research and it will definitely save money somewhere along this.. :)

So you want to spend 1000$ on a build just to play around with watercooling? ôo

Just cheap enough without spending a lot plus I would like to see if in capable of doing it.

Just cheap enough without spending a lot plus I would like to see if in capable of doing it.

Of course you're.

It is so simple these days. If you're able to connect a round thing to another round thing then nothing can go wrong.

What is it exactly that worrys you? The GPUs?

Of course you're.

It is so simple these days. If you're able to connect a round thing to another round thing then nothing can go wrong.

What is it exactly that worrys you? The GPUs?

No just I don't want to buy something that's extremely expensive put it on the wrong way and it breaks and get a replacement and then the warranty has ran out or it didn't go through, yea know?

I mean my first actually build is a little bit overkill but I thought I could do it and I did but I don't want to push anything to far into the red zone really so if I was ever going to water cool something I just don't want to fry it.

Srsly, watercooling is really simple if you invest enough time in thinking about what you're doing. You could even test the loop outside of a PC without connecting them to your hardware. Just see if you get any leeks and if the loop you want to do works.

Or just start with a CPU loop first, and then if everything works just get more parts to integrate your GPU into the loop.

But I would never buy and extra system just to try out watercooling. That's a waste of money.

Didn't know I could do that... We I'll see what I can do but if anyone doesn't mind what's a good GPU for a Asus saber tooth z77 for a budget of 400 and really pushing for 450