R9 295x2 a bad card?

Psykomantis00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-Radeon-R9-295X2-8GB-GDDR5-AXR9-Video-Card-E1B/252036887968?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D29979%26meid%3D2c9a9ec92c54451f96126c1e01acaeef%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D221843226013

If you look at this listing there are a lot more under the "also viewed" There are a LOT of these that are broken or won't boot with drivers. What is the deal? Are these just really bad cards? 

This ^^

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Well its worse than 2x R9 290X which its derived from, so yes its a bad card.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

i bet he tried a custom bios like an idiot.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-Radeon-R9-295X2-8GB-GDDR5-AXR9-Video-Card-E1B/252036887968?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D29979%26meid%3D2c9a9ec92c54451f96126c1e01acaeef%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D221843226013

If you look at this listing there are a lot more under the "also viewed" There are a LOT of these that are broken or won't boot with drivers. What is the deal? Are these just really bad cards? 

Would suggest following your posts. There a more good reviews of this card on Newegg than the bad ones, so maybe someone is just unlucky. I don't understand why these cards are not RMA'd, they probably did something odd to it to just break it...

"Doesn't boot with drivers"

What does that even mean?

I think they are trying to say it won't boot or if it does boot it won't recognize the drivers. Regardless, the card doesn't work and I seriously doubt it's a psu problem as there are tons of these on ebay. They have to be defective cards. 

Would suggest following your posts. There a more good reviews of this card on Newegg than the bad ones, so maybe someone is just unlucky. I don't understand why these cards are not RMA'd, they probably did something odd to it to just break it...

More than likely they are having issues with their power supplies. Since the 295x2 runs so far out of the ATX spec it wouldn't surprise me if the PSU weren't damaged in some way.

I think they are trying to say it won't boot or if it does boot it won't recognize the drivers. Regardless, the card doesn't work and I seriously doubt it's a psu problem as there are tons of these on ebay. They have to be defective cards. 

Those who know a bit about computers won't have PSU problems, those starting out without doing research will.

PMSL

There's another issue, most likely wattage, and they are blaming drivers.  xD

Even with not enough wattage though, it shouldn't not boot at all.

"Rawr XD"

I know there are a lot of good reviews but what is the failure rate of these over time? There seem to be a decent amount on ebay right now that are broken in what seems like the same failure. 

More than likely they are having issues with their power supplies. Since the 295x2 runs so far out of the ATX spec it wouldn't surprise me if the PSU weren't damaged in some way.

Probably not a psu issue as you can still boot if it's under powered it will just shut off once it tries to access more power and can't. 

I know there are a lot of good reviews but what is the failure rate of these over time? There seem to be a decent amount on ebay right now that are broken in what seems like the same failure. 

if it was failure you would rma it, unless its out of warranty.

i personally think hes tried a custom bios.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

Probably not a psu issue as you can still boot if it's under powered it will just shut off once it tries to access more power and can't. 

Which means that the PSU isn't putting out enough power, ergo PSU issues. I have the same problem when trying to run my dual Pentium 3 rig with a Geforce FX 5500/6200 and 8 HDD off a 400W (500W peak) PSU. (Corsair VS650 doesn't do the job, the Corsair CX 850M however does).

PMSL

True, but they did say "doesn't boot with driver"  They at no point said it ever booted at all.

Yeah, which is what's confusing me, does not boot mean it won't go into Windows? Or it won't turn on at all? Because regardless or not drivers are installed it should be able to POST and go into BIOS.

"Rawr XD"

Yeah, which is what's confusing me, does not boot mean it won't go into Windows? Or it won't turn on at all? Because regardless or not drivers are installed it should be able to POST and go into BIOS.

And if it doesn't-not enough power (or DOA).

PMSL

So worth to try and get this and make it work? 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

And if it doesn't-not enough power (or DOA).

Not enough power shouldn't prevent the whole system from POSTing. And if it does boot without drivers, then that's also more confusing.

"Rawr XD"

Maybe you should try buying one for dead cheap and see whenever or not it's a user error. 

At this point we can only speculate whenever it is the PSU, or the card being DOA to begin with. 

Not enough power shouldn't prevent the whole system from POSTing. And if it does boot without drivers, then that's also more confusing.

You haven't had computer using a PSU well below what is required. In those cases the computer won't even turn on. However if the PSU is just under what's required you'll get BSOD or the computer locking up after several minutes.

PMSL

You haven't had computer using a PSU well below what is required. In those cases the computer won't even turn on. However if the PSU is just under what's required you'll get BSOD or the computer locking up after several minutes.

I have. It abruptly shut off when a heavy load is put on it.

"Rawr XD"

If you only run over the bracket, and the force somehow made some damage to the PCB, or if you are carrying just the card and it falls onto tile or concrete and it just hits the bracket, but does the same thing.  Electronics are weird like that I've seen console fall and just the casing take damage; however, they wouldn't boot because the force somehow gave damage to the internal components regardless of noticeable damage to the internal parts.  It's happened.

I get how throwing the card into a truck can damage the card itself, I get that.

But the way the bracket bend outwards doesn't seem to be from a delivery truck damage...