LinusCollegeTips

Hello all,

I have a couple of questions about college.

Should I buy or rent my college textbooks?

How much money do you get back if you sell the textbooks you buy?

Thanks all

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I'm going to say this once. slugbooks.

Or "other means"

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I think it comes down to personal preference, I've always kept my books for all courses since I found I still use them.

But saying that Ebooks/ pdf books are becoming more of a thing so some teachers just give you that.

Its all about those volumetric clouds

major courses that will make good reference books I tend to buy outright.  other I'll rent because in my experiences you get VERY little back for books (depends on demand though).  i've been offered 0$ "but we'll take them off your hands for you"

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

What are you going to study?

At my uni and on my course (electronic and computer eng) all of the books and what not aren't really needed, I can and sofar have gone the entire course from just accessing the live lecture notes online, or by researching what I don't know on youtube (fantastic source of information).

But If your doing a more book worm topic (English or law or something) then buy the books, I have friends on those courses who have made books look like those colouring in things and they are always reading from them for their work, but for some engineering degree wait till you get there and see how much information you can access on your departments website before making a decision.

For major buy, all others rent or trade.

You don't get crap back really.

Thank you

I'm going to say this once. slugbooks.

Or "other means"

My college campus bookstore is cheaper than that site.

What are you going to study?

At my uni and on my course (electronic and computer eng) all of the books and what not aren't really needed, I can and sofar have gone the entire course from just accessing the live lecture notes online, or by researching what I don't know on youtube (fantastic source of information).

But If your doing a more book worm topic (English or law or something) then buy the books, I have friends on those courses who have made books look like those colouring in things and they are always reading from them for their work, but for some engineering degree wait till you get there and see how much information you can access on your departments website before making a decision.

Just taking general education classes so nothing important. The only book I need so for is this one http://osu-newark.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ENJOYMENT_OF_MUSICSHORTERWACCESS/BNCB_TextbookDetailView?sectionId=69306465&item=Y&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&displayStoreId=32553&storeId=32553&partNumber=MBS_1532569&productId=500021514987&sectionList=&booksAddedforSec=&fromTBList=true.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Just taking general education classes so nothing important. The only book I need so for is this one -snip-

To be honest I would pass on it, music is well documented and there is plenty of sources on-line. IF you need to source it in class / exams however I would probably rent it as its resell value is going plummet and you will likely never use it again after you graduate.

To be honest I would pass on it, music is well documented and there is plenty of sources on-line. IF you need to source it in class / exams however I would probably rent it as its resell value is going plummet and you will likely never use it again after you graduate.

I need to take economics 101 and political science 101 but the books are not listed yet. Just says to be determined. I am wait listed for the Math class but I might not get in.

Personally I only kept my technical books so I can look back on them in 20 years and laugh at how outdated they became. If you sell them I would sell them through ebay or something. My bookstore wanted like nothing to buy the books back. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

OHIO STATE. RIVARLY STARTED. COME AT ME.

:P actually wondering the same thing starting in a month. I'm so unprepared

From what I recall always buying my books they would never really buy them back for much and normally you could sell them on amazon or around campus for more then they would buy them for

I have bought all mine so far. 

You really have to do this by individual book. 

E.G.

If your book is a 2015 release book, and is only published every few years from what you see - then I'd suggest buying it and selling it yourself. 

If your book that you need is a 2006 release and is version 13 and they are now on 15, look at the price if it is still expensive look into renting that book as often you aren't able to resell these as many universities are getting rid of them in favor of new editions or different books. 

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

I bought all of my textbooks last year and regretted it. I was only able to sell one of them back and they wanted to give me $30 for a $200 book that I bought there. I didn't even sell it back to them. I plan to try to sell them to incoming freshman next semester. If that doesn't work then heck ill just donate them.