Felt like you were going to die?

Kuzma

Have you guys ever had an experience in which you felt like you were going to die?

I've had a few, both times that I split by head open :p loads of blood everywhere and I thought I was simply going to bleed out.

The third and final time is when I broke my leg (about a week before I signed up for here :p it's still broken) I was sitting there in the hospital bed reading and then suddenly heard beeping and looked up to see my blood pressure rising O.o it had risen from 121 over 75 to 140 over 86 and I was getting pretty scared :p so I pressed the buzzer to alert a nurse and started doing deep breaths in and out and it worked :p my blood pressure lowered again and didn't go back up xD but I was very very scared especially since my family has history of high blood pressure on both sides lol.

What are your experiences?

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Not quite as gory but I almost died by choking on a lifesaver... almost died from irony after the ordeal as well.  Lucky it was the hard variety and not the soft one, since it didn't squish together I still had a small breathing hole in the center xD

I almost drowned when I was around 9 years old, stuck under a floating mat in a wave pool at my local swimming pools, scared the crap out of me when I was younger.

#!

Have you guys ever had an experience in which you felt like you were going to die?

I've had a few, both times that I split by head open :P loads of blood everywhere and I thought I was simply going to bleed out.

The third and final time is when I broke my leg (about a week before I signed up for here :P it's still broken) I was sitting there in the hospital bed reading and then suddenly heard beeping and looked up to see my blood pressure rising O.o it had risen from 121 over 75 to 140 over 86 and I was getting pretty scared :P so I pressed the buzzer to alert a nurse and started doing deep breaths in and out and it worked :P my blood pressure lowered again and didn't go back up xD but I was very very scared especially since my family has history of high blood pressure on both sides lol.

What are your experiences?

ive had a few now as well, i split my head open camping it was about an hour and a half ride to the hospital somehow survived dont really know how, second that i remember was a few weeks back on another camping trip (maybe i shouldnt go camping) i dont really remember what happened but me and my girl were walking back to the tent from the washrooms and i suddenly collapsed on the road and apparently stopped breathing, all i know is i woke up in a hospital bed 2 days later hence my lack of a presence on the forums of late and being a little slow to finish my 770 lightning review thread xP

A number of times however most are related to depression. When I was 6 I think I was swimming with two of my cousins. You know, just messing around in the pool. Anyway at some point they were both on me. One on each shoulder. I've been swimming since I was two so they knew I could handle myself when it came to water and they didn't stop to think that I'd been underwater was nearly two minutes.... I though I was beyond hope. Anyway, I eventually shook them off and got to the surface. Then I split open a coconut with an axe and ate it. It's odd that I remember more about the coconut

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

ive had a few now as well, i split my head open camping it was about an hour and a half ride to the hospital somehow survived dont really know how, second that i remember was a few weeks back on another camping trip (maybe i shouldnt go camping) i dont really remember what happened but me and my girl were walking back to the tent from the washrooms and i suddenly collapsed on the road and apparently stopped breathing, all i know is i woke up in a hospital bed 2 days later hence my lack of a presence on the forums of late and being a little slow to finish my 770 lightning review thread xP

I think you sir should stay away from camping.

A number of times however most are related to depression. When I was 6 I think I was swimming with two of my cousins. You know, just messing around in the pool. Anyway at some point they were both on me. One on each shoulder. I've been swimming since I was two so they knew I could handle myself when it came to water and they didn't stop to think that I'd been underwater was nearly two minutes.... I though I was beyond hope. Anyway, I eventually shook them off and got to the surface. Then I split open a coconut with an axe and ate it. It's odd that I remember more about the coconut

Oh yea! I forgot about the time I almost drowned :p water is a dangerous place.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Not quite as gory but I almost died by choking on a lifesaver... almost died from irony after the ordeal as well.  Lucky it was the hard variety and not the soft one, since it didn't squish together I still had a small breathing hole in the center xD

Oh the irony, well good thing you're still around ^_^

Oh yea! I forgot about the time I almost drowned :P water is a dangerous place.

Especially for young kids

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

that i should but i love it so much xP also the night my head was split open i also almost drowned when i was fishing cause i was 7, didnt remember it till after i posted lol splitting my head open took priority xP

i once got bitten by a rat, the blood just spilled all over the place, more than you expect.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

that i should but i love it so much xP also the night my head was split open i also almost drowned when i was fishing cause i was 7, didnt remember it till after i posted lol splitting my head open took priority xP

Wow, water man... I went over a waterfall once, that scared the hell out of. I love camping so much. Probably for a different reason to you though

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Especially for young kids

Hmmm... 9 year olds?

Hmmm there seems to be a trend of drowning and memory loss....

Wow, water man... I went over a waterfall once, that scared the hell out of. I love camping so much. Probably for a different reason to you though

well, when i was a kid i didnt like it much however now its just a damn good drunken party lol and a good way to get away with the girl and no rents for a weekend or so

i once got bitten by a rat, the blood just spilled all over the place, more than you expect.

musta been pretty damn painful

Hmmm... 9 year olds?

lol i think its the fact i split my head open that cause the memory loss xP either way i got owned twice in less then 12 hours

well, when i was a kid i didnt like it much however now its just a damn good drunken party lol and a good way to get away with the girl and no rents for a weekend or so

I like how you think

Hmmm... 9 year olds?

I was 6 the first time I nearly drowned

I am good at computer

Spoiler

I have a few.

One time when i was like 3 or 4. I was at a pool party for my cousin and my mom told me to stay at the shallow end and asked one of the i think 12 adults to watch me. Now i usually was a good kid and listened well that day i decided to not listen and said to myself "I can swim" so i took off my floatys and went over to the deep end and i was underwater because well i couldnt swim and after what felt like a hour my cousin went and grabbed me.(He is much older than me) and sorry for the language but holy shit have i never gotten a beating worse than the one i got that day. 

Another time in school one guy was angry at a teacher or something and he charged in with a gun. No shots were fired and no one was hurt. I was terrified. (Turned out later the guy just spray painted a airsoft gun.

This one is dumb but traumatizing to me for some reason. Summer of 2011 I was trying to skateboard and  so i was doing good and when i stepped of the then non moving skateboard i heard a pop and i fell over. and my knee was broken. I was laying on the hot concrete. at like 4pm on a 110F day for about 30 min screaming for my mom and finally the neighbor across the street heard me and he ran into my house and got my mom for me and we went to the doctor and ya. But since i was in such shock i 100% thought i was going to die. btw. if you wanna know what all i broke.

The harm done was:

I shot my knee cap two inches in my thigh

I tore 3 tendons

tore a ligament 

tore a piece of bone off my tibia

and dislocated my knee cap.

I did all that by stepping off a immobile skateboard. (It broke on a growth plate meaning i was growing so fast that my bones didnt have time to fully develop and they were weaker than they should have been.)

after surgery im fine now but god it was scary. so, moral of the story. Skateboards are dicks and you shouldnt trust them.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I like how you think

alot of people do :) i have a great thought process.. well until im drunk and camping then things get.. interesting lol

Ok. Very similar reasons as to why we like camping then. I assumed that you liked it for the great outdoors or some crap like that

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Ok. Very similar reasons as to why we like camping then. I assumed that you liked it for the great outdoors or some crap like that

nah, had enough of that growing up on farms

lol i think its the fact i split my head open that cause the memory loss xP either way i got owned twice in less then 12 hours

xD that's some pretty damn good luck that you didn't die in those 12 hours and idk I've split my head open twice with 0 memory loss of the events, the first time was when I was 7 and I kinda just stumbled around the play ground with blood pouring down my face, kids were crying and screaming and I was seeing everything through a red tint that was pouring down my face; nice image :p very nice memories. /sarcasm

I have a few.

One time when i was like 3 or 4. I was at a pool party for my cousin and my mom told me to stay at the shallow end and asked one of the i think 12 adults to watch me. Now i usually was a good kid and listened well that day i decided to not listen and said to myself "I can swim" so i took off my floatys and went over to the deep end and i was underwater because well i couldnt swim and after what felt like a hour my cousin went and grabbed me.(He is much older than me) and sorry for the language but holy shit have i never gotten a beating worse than the one i got that day. 

Another time in school one guy was angry at a teacher or something and he charged in with a gun. No shots were fired and no one was hurt. I was terrified. (Turned out later the guy just spray painted a airsoft gun.

This one is dumb but traumatizing to me for some reason. Summer of 2011 I was trying to skateboard and  so i was doing good and when i stepped of the then non moving skateboard i heard a pop and i fell over. and my knee was broken. I was laying on the hot concrete. at like 4pm on a 110F day for about 30 min screaming for my mom and finally the neighbor across the street heard me and he ran into my house and got my mom for me and we went to the doctor and ya. But since i was in such shock i 100% thought i was going to die. btw. if you wanna know what all i broke.

The harm done was:

I shot my knee cap two inches in my thigh

I tore 3 tendons

tore a ligament 

tore a piece of bone off my tibia

and dislocated my knee cap.

I did all that by stepping off a immobile skateboard. (It broke on a growth plate meaning i was growing so fast that my bones didnt have time to fully develop and they were weaker than they should have been.)

after surgery im fine now but god it was scary. so, moral of the story. Skateboards are dicks and you shouldnt trust them.

O_O dude that's exactly what happened to my tibia; was it right at the top where it connects to the knee? (I did this by jumping vertically not off of anything just a straight up jump)

I've lost count of how many near death experiences I've had.

List some ^_^ do ittttt