How did Linus do that Xbox Controller thing with his HTC One?

albinosquid

I know its a wireless Xbox Controller but did he use an OTG cable or is there some magical app that can use the IR sensor? Idk he said its an app but I can't find anything.

Any help?

System - Case: NZXT Phantom Original Newegg Edition

CPU: Intel 3770K @ 4.2Ghz - CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight - Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula - RAM: G.Skill Sniper Series 16Gb @ 1866Mhz

GPU: EVGA GTX 680 4Gb - PSU: Seasonic X750 - SSD: Intel 520 256Gb - HDD: Other Random Mechanical Drives

I know you can use a PS3 cable on a rooted android. maybe its a simple bluetooth app

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I know its a wireless Xbox Controller but did he use an OTG cable or is there some magical app that can use the IR sensor? Idk he said its an app but I can't find anything.

Any help?

if you watch the stream again and listen youll realize the xbox controller was actually hooked up to a laptop and their using the htc once as a screen and just streaming what on the pc screen to the htc one screen, the controller isnt controlling the htc in any way

if you watch the stream again and listen youll realize the xbox controller was actually hooked up to a laptop and their using the htc once as a screen and just streaming what on the pc screen to the htc one screen, the controller isnt controlling the htc in any way

Ohhhhh ok that makes sense now, thanks. Now Im sad I was hoping to wirelessly connect my controller to my phone with no wires or PC. Darn oh well.

CPU: Intel 3770K @ 4.2Ghz - CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight - Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula - RAM: G.Skill Sniper Series 16Gb @ 1866Mhz

GPU: EVGA GTX 680 4Gb - PSU: Seasonic X750 - SSD: Intel 520 256Gb - HDD: Other Random Mechanical Drives

Ohhhhh ok that makes sense now, thanks. Now Im sad I was hoping to wirelessly connect my controller to my phone with no wires or PC. Darn oh well.

i know there are some out there however they are specially made for phones xP still awesome though lol

i know there are some out there however they are specially made for phones xP still awesome though lol

Yeah Samsung showed this one:

samsungcontroller.jpg\

But you can't buy it yet.  :(

Splashtop

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

There aren't many controller options for android anymore. I believe you can use a ps3 controller but as a person said before, you require to be rooted. You used to be able to use a Wii classic controller perfectly with an app over Bluetooth. But with android 4.1(I believe) they changed something about the way that Bluetooth works so it no longer works. I am going for that to come back but Xbox controllers are pretty awesome as well

I know you can use a PS3 cable on a rooted android. maybe its a simple bluetooth app

He said that he isn't going to root the one.

The way the ghetto shield works it that a PC has a wireless Xbox controller dongle connected to it the the dongle is connected to the controller.

Then the htc one has spashtop streamer and the PC does too so the pc streams the desktop to the one giving the display and sound the Xbox controller going to the PC giving you input.

use this with splashtop

super easy ive been doing this for over a year now

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP