Which to choose?

So I'm buying a 3570K and a H100i in a C70 or 650D (Still choosing)

I have a Corsair TX 750 so no power problems here.

Which motherboard of these three is best for overclocking to about 4.5Ghz?

MSI Z77A-G45

ASRock Extreme 4

MSi Z77A-GD55

They are in order from low to highest in price.

I will be ordering in 2-3 hours so advice would be great :P

\

I wouldn't recommend the G45, given it uses lower-quality phases and only 6 of them.

Both the GD55 and Extreme4 are good choices though, I'd recommend whichever is cheaper.

The Extreme 4 is a bit cheaper. I have $225 max to spend on my motherboard. If anyone could recommend anything else?

Thanks christoi

\

I would suggest the MSI GD55, this is because I have a friend whose extreme4 fried his system.

Always try to buy motherboards from the big three, ASUS, GIGABYTE and MSI (in no particular order)

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

The chance of a motherboard frying your whole system is like 0.05%. Anyway The GD55 is $10 more :D and I just like MSI more :P

\

Also go with the 650D it's SWEET, I love mine sooooo much.

Case I will buy a bit later :P I'm going to save up a bit more. (Oh and the USB 3.0, Internal or external header?)

\

Since you have $225 to spend on the mobo I'll suggest the MSI Mpower, GD65 or the ASUS P8Z77-V. All of those will unlock many hertz, Or just get the extreme4 if you want your pci-e slots to break off :P I have an extreme3, in three pieces. It still works though :D

Just go read reviews...

Yea, ASRock is like the cheap side brand :P (No offense to ASRock users) I think I will go with the GD55 just so I have some more money towards my case and H100i etc

Edit: I like the look of the extra Sata 3 on the GD65 and it will look more bad ass with the bigger heatsinks :D I think the extra $20 is worth it XD

\

There is no usb 3.0 internal header for the 650D, it's just a passthrough but I'm pretty sure you can get replacement front i/o panels. Also the passthrough is really neat there is a nice little hole coming from the back of the mobo tray.

if you haven't ordered yet, take a look at the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, its only 176 from amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007R21JK4/?tag=pcpapi-20

My System

CPU - 3570K@4.4Ghz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 in pull | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | RAM - G.Skill RipJawX Blue 8GB 2133Mhz | GPU - Gigabyte Windforce X3 HD7970 | SSD - Patriot Pyro SE 120GB | HDD Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU - Corsair TX850V2 | Case - Bitfenix Shinobi XL 

Sadly Amazon are retard. They say they deliver to South Africa. When you try buy they say they don't. In the mall down the road there is a amazon branch...

\

I wouldn't recommend the G45, given it uses lower-quality phases and only 6 of them.

Both the GD55 and Extreme4 are good choices though, I'd recommend whichever is cheaper.

6 phases is a lot of they are true phases. They use awful MOSFETs on the GD45, though, so don't buy it.

For the most part indeed, though only 4 of the phases are actually for delivering power to the CPU, IIRC. He'll probably be adding a lot of voltage since he has a H100i though, so I would opt for a board with 8-12 high quality phases.

Sadly Amazon are retard. They say they deliver to South Africa. When you try buy they say they don't. In the mall down the road there is a amazon branch...

Depends on the product - not all products can be shipped, especially CPU's and motherboards. Have a look on the page for the item and it should say "This Item can be shipped to certain countries outside the US" or something along those lines.

extreme 4 hands down :D

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |