Weird on and off fan squeaking/clicking?

byalexandr
Go to solution Solved by W-L,

I know it isn't a bad bearing, I know what that sounds like from one of the fans in my dad's PC, and it sounds loud and awful. I am trying to find a liquid cooler atm, so I will be replacing the fan anyways.

It varies sometimes it's a ticking sometimes really loud and obnoxious, but if your replacing it just put the fan in the miscellaneous pile  :P

Hey all, I know it's that big of an issue, but the main fan in my SG05 is making an on and off squeaking noise. It happens every like 20 seconds and goes on for like 5. The case is still not even a week old, so I don't think the fan is dying. Maybe a cable is touching the motor or something? Any suggestions are helpful. Thanks!

P.S. I don't plan on using this fan much longer anyway, I am getting a new Seidon 120V soon.

Hey all, I know it's that big of an issue, but the main fan in my SG05 is making an on and off squeaking noise. It happens every like 20 seconds and goes on for like 5. The case is still not even a week old, so I don't think the fan is dying. Maybe a cable is touching the motor or something? Any suggestions are helpful. Thanks!

P.S. I don't plan on using this fan much longer anyway, I am getting a new Seidon 120V soon.

Sounds like a bad bearing on that fan, some fans you can take off the sticker and remove a rubber plug on the back to oil it a little.

Sounds like a bad bearing on that fan, some fans you can take off the sticker and remove a rubber plug on the back to oil it a little.

I know it isn't a bad bearing, I know what that sounds like from one of the fans in my dad's PC, and it sounds loud and awful. I am trying to find a liquid cooler atm, so I will be replacing the fan anyways.

It varies sometimes it's a ticking sometimes really loud and obnoxious, but if your replacing it just put the fan in the miscellaneous pile  :P