Steam Music?

wjm22400

So I was using steam and i found out that you can put your music on it... How do i do that?

I want to use my itunes music but anytime i select for it to use my music folder as a source, it says that there are not any music files...

Help? Thanks

If there is a steam music, you would have to directly buy it from steam, otherwise they would be willfully allowing the distribution of illegal entertainment.

So I was using steam and i found out that you can put your music on it... How do i do that?

I want to use my itunes music but anytime i select for it to use my music folder as a source, it says that there are not any music files...

Help? Thanks

It doesn't search through folders in folders.. You have to put it all in one folder and it has to be MP3's instead of what iTunes uses (I know it isn't MP3..)

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

It doesn't search through folders in folders.. You have to put it all in one folder and it has to be MP3's instead of what iTunes uses (I know it isn't MP3..)

It's AAC, but it's easy to convert to mp3

If there is a steam music, you would have to directly buy it from steam, otherwise they would be willfully allowing the distribution of illegal entertainment.

No, you can add your own music to play through steams music player. Like in the steam overlay.

Anyways, I have all my music in one folder (all mp3's) and then I add that directory as a source for music and I click "Scan Now", then all my music is in my steam music player.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K OC @ 4.4 GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X79 | GPU: 2x SLI Gigabyte GTX 760 | RAM: Mushkin Redline 2x4GB 1866 | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 750W | Storage: A-Data XPG 120GB  & WD Blue 1TB | OS: Arch GNU/Linux || PC Part Picker & 3D Mark Score

No, you can add your own music to play through steams music player. Like in the steam overlay.

Anyways, I have all my music in one folder (all mp3's) and then I add that directory as a source for music and I click "Scan Now", then all my music is in my steam music player.

Lol I saw that mistype ;):P

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

Lol I saw that mistype ;):P

hahaha :D

PC Specs: CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K OC @ 4.4 GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X79 | GPU: 2x SLI Gigabyte GTX 760 | RAM: Mushkin Redline 2x4GB 1866 | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 750W | Storage: A-Data XPG 120GB  & WD Blue 1TB | OS: Arch GNU/Linux || PC Part Picker & 3D Mark Score

Just a disclaimer though: The Steam Music Player sucks. It's not intuitive, and doesn't function well with media keys on keyboards. It lags when opening games, and doesn't integrate well into the Steam Overlay. Do not bother using it.

Just a disclaimer though: The Steam Music Player sucks. It's not intuitive, and doesn't function well with media keys on keyboards. It lags when opening games, and doesn't integrate well into the Steam Overlay. Do not bother using it.

Why, I use it daily and it is fine with my KB and in-game...

Why, I use it daily and it is fine with my KB and in-game...

I only used it briefly during the beta period, and there-after, so if it's been updated, I wasn't aware. 

The only reason why I don't use it any more is because there is no last.fm scrobbler support for it.