1 rad 2 rad 3 rad or more.

ok so total TDP of that guys build is for 2 x 290s and an i7 ~~660watt and yes 4 radiators is completely overkill. You cannot cool your system below the ambient temperature of the room so say if your room is 25 dc then you will be unable to go below that. For your build I'm guessing an i7 and 2 x titan Xs TDP = 590 watts.

I believe with that build the guy was just trying to see what he could shove into the case because it is quite small. For you build I would think that a 45 or 30 mm thick rad in the front chamber in push and a 60mm or 80mm in the rear in push/pull would be enough. Following the aforementioned rule of thumb - 2 + 1 = 3 --> 3 x 120 = 360. So 480mm of radiator space should be enough and with thicker rads should be even better.

To provide you will some more advice could you please list your full build, also do you plan to overclock? Are you trying to keep to a colour scheme? Unfortunately I don't believe the node 804 has a 5.25" drive bay, it can support a slimline optical CD drive on the front edge of the case, so I don't think the DBAY will fit  unless you're willing to get creative with an electric jigsaw.

EDIT:

Also where do you live, Canada? I only know of Dazmode, and shit compared to PCCG its expensive, hahaa.

Basics:

build is going to be this :

case- node 804

mobo-asus maxmius gene vii

cpu-4790k

gpu(s)-evga gtx titanX(1 to start and buy another down the road for dual sli)

psu-evga g2 1000w gold

ram-mushkin stealth 4x4 16gb

ssd-mushkin enhanced reactor 512gb 

(edit) and yes will overclock in the future, just wont need to for a while, but for fun yes.

build is going to be this :

case- node 804

mobo-asus maxmius gene vii

cpu-4790k

gpu(s)-evga gtx titanX(1 to start and buy another down the road for dual sli)

psu-evga g2 1000w gold

ram-mushkin stealth 4x4 16gb

ssd-mushkin enhanced reactor 512gb 

Ok, with only one titan x you definitely don't need more than 2 rads. You could grab a smaller PSU depending on how soon you plan to grab another titan x. Also in the next fortnight Skylake CPUs will be released, if you don't care then yea that's fine just making sure you know the next set is right around the corner. I don't mean to pry but sacrificing one titan x gives you allot more budget to watercool. I don't believe $500 CAD will be enough, more realistically $750-900.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Ok, with only one titan x you definitely don't need more than 2 rads. You could grab a smaller PSU depending on how soon you plan to grab another titan x. Also in the next fortnight Skylake CPUs will be released, if you don't care then yea that's fine just making sure you know the next set is right around the corner. I don't mean to pry but sacrificing one titan x gives you allot more budget to watercool. I don't believe $500 CAD will be enough, more realistically $750-900.

well, he already has a hydro copper card so that will save the GPU block cost...

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

okay so thats good to know, will there be a better version of the 4790k ? and i was pricing out some stuff on EK and it seems because the cards ill be buying 

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=12G-P4-2999-KR

come with the block installed saving me money, so 2 rads would cost maybe 170 dollars, tubing is 20-40 dollars and cpu block is 80-100 dollars, then coolant and fittings will be the rest i think...OH and the res is 177 dollars, so about 500-550 to be safe,

i have under budgeted myself to try and crap savings of money on things, but i know i will be spending more in the long run, 

build components - 3k

watering cooling components-500

(extra shit)-100-200 dollars(thats if needed)

well, he already has a hydro copper card so that will save the GPU block cost...

this is correct

thank you for the links looking over them now.

Yes, but its not like a titan x is exactly cheap and unless they just want overkill then its kinda a waste to grab two. + No idea what country Beaches is in, I assume near a sandy shore?

Yes, but its not like a titan x is exactly cheap and unless they just want overkill then its kinda a waste to grab two. + No idea what country Beaches is in, I assume near a sandy shore?

in my build cost for the pc parts the hydro copper titan x is already in the cost of the 3k.

(edit) ending up being cheaper to buy the card this way, as i dont have to buy a card, plus a water block plus a back plate, comes with all of that cheaper then the cost of buying everything individually.

okay so thats good to know, will there be a better version of the 4790k ? and i was pricing out some stuff on EK and it seems because the cards ill be buying 

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=12G-P4-2999-KR

come with the block installed saving me money, so 2 rads would cost maybe 170 dollars, tubing is 20-40 dollars and cpu block is 80-100 dollars, then coolant and fittings will be the rest i think...OH and the res is 177 dollars, so about 500-550 to be safe,

i have under budgeted myself to try and crap savings of money on things, but i know i will be spending more in the long run, 

build components - 3k

watering cooling components-500

(extra shit)-100-200 dollars(thats if needed)

this is correct

thank you for the links looking over them now.

I thought you already had the titan x, honestly, it's an odd card, the 980 ti is much more reasonable, and priced more reasonably, just...consider it. My bet is when the 980 ti starts being outdated, so will the titan x, vram won't be the defining factor, and the 980 ti still has a shit ton of vram, but 12 gigs is insane

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=06G-P4-4999-KR

Not judging at all, just, the 980 ti is a better option for 95% of people

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Im in Canada, Toronto Ontario actually. 

I thought you already had the titan x, honestly, it's an odd card, the 980 ti is much more reasonable, and priced more reasonably, just...consider it. My bet is when the 980 ti starts being outdated, so will the titan x, vram won't be the defining factor, and the 980 ti still has a shit ton of vram, but 12 gigs is insane

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=06G-P4-4999-KR

Not judging at all, just, the 980 ti is a better option for 95% of people

see, i would love to save the hundreds of dollars, but iv wanted to experience a titan for awhile now, starting from the time nvidia introduced the first titan card. i think that was about the time i bought my 780.

pretty sure im going to be sticking with the t'x's

side question,

do i buy from 

https://shop.ekwb.com/radiators-fans/120mm-series-radiators

or 

kinda has me confused, (p.s. i know you linked the other retailer) im just confused as to size, the case says it does 2 top mounted 240's or a 240 and a 280,

but when i click on the 280 its dimensions are like 320 or something and when i click on the 240 its dimensions are like 280...so ? whats goin on here that i dont quite get. 

kinda has me confused, (p.s. i know you linked the other retailer) im just confused as to size, the case says it does 2 top mounted 240's or a 240 and a 280,

but when i click on the 280 its dimensions are like 320 or something and when i click on the 240 its dimensions are like 280...so ? whats goin on here that i dont quite get. 

Ok same link, doesn't matter. When describing a radiator it is referred to by the amount of fans it can hold. A 240 radiator can hold 2 x 120mm fans on each side, a 280 can hold 2 x 140mm fans on each side. The dimensions include the extra muffintop of the radiator that hangs over the edge where the g 1/4" ports are.

Seems like your right next to Dazmode, or a shortish drive to frozen cpu, one is CAD the other USD.

see, i would love to save the hundreds of dollars, but iv wanted to experience a titan for awhile now, starting from the time nvidia introduced the first titan card. i think that was about the time i bought my 780.

side question,

do i buy from 

or 

ok, not gonna say anything more about the titan x, just making sure you weren't buying for performance or to be 'future proof'

Rads are always physsically larger then the actual specs, you need more room to include the fitting, even AIO rads are larger, but that should be taken into account by case manufacturers. It can be an issue when you got really close mounted rad (Like a rear and a top) but you are only using 2 rads and you got mounting options. The specs on fractal design's site specify how tall the rad can be, which is 278mm, i am honestly not sure if 280mm is 278mm rounded up, so try checking for rads that are within specs

Water cooling compatibility
  • Front (right chamber) - 240 mm radiator configurations up to 60 mm thick (with fans) and 278 mm tall are allowed.
  • Front (left chamber) - 240 mm radiator configurations up to 60 mm thick (with fans) and 278 mm tall are allowed. Using a radiator in this position prevents the use of a fan in the top position just next to it.
  • Top (right chamber) - 240/280 mm radiators up to 130mm thick (with fans) may be fitted if the HDD drive bays are taken out or placed elsewhere. No limitation to thickness.
  • Top (left chamber) - 240 mm radiator configurations up to 130 mm thick (with fans) will fit. Radiators in this position limits the height of memory modules to 48 mm tall.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

im assuming running 2 140mm high sp fans is better than 2x120mm high sp fans.
was just worried about them not fitting.
2x https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-coolstream-se-240-slim-dual be good enough ?
or could i fit 
2x https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-coolstream-ce-280-dual

what would you use if you had to pick ?
if i need to run 2 rads liek you said, then i want one on the motherboard side running pull (or do you think push is better) and then on the other side where the psu is, running a thin but  larger rad with bigger fans in push pull ?

i dont understand why this is so confusing, but when the case says the top mounting areas support 2x240's or 1x240 on one side and the other side can take a 280 what the heck does that mean? the sides are wider? or does this mean thicker ? is there a image with a break down on how this works ? 

side question,

do i buy from 

or 

According to the case specs, this one should fit

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12699/ex-rad-224/Magicool_Extreme_Dual_120mm_Radiator_LC-RADI240S.html?tl=g30c95s160

No idea the quality of that rad, just giving it as an example

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

fuck me nevermind i just answered my own stupid questions , im a visual learner so when i saw this 
http://support.fractal-design.com/support/solutions/articles/4000019458-node-804-water-cooling-radiator-options
everything just made sense.

rad dimensions now make sense, lol.

and i was thinking about using the white block
https://www.dazmode.com/store/product/ek-supremacy-evo-white-edition/
is there any performance difference that you can notice ?
do you have a square shape res&pump option to look at ?
and i like the alphacool rad option looks nice, any difference in performence between the alphacool/darkside/EK options ???

fuck me nevermind i just answered my own stupid questions , im a visual learner so when i saw this 

http://support.fractal-design.com/support/solutions/articles/4000019458-node-804-water-cooling-radiator-options

and i like the alphacool rad option looks nice, any difference in performence between the alphacool/darkside/EK options ???

mann i drew fancy pics in paint, forgot about the case manual haha. With the CPU blocks they are all the supremacy evo line, the only difference is the underside which makes contact with the cpu, it comes in nickel and copper, [shinny, or shinny orange haha].

Heres this: https://www.dazmode.com/store/product/ek-bay-dcp-2_2-combo-unit-with-pump/

But you would have to physically cut a hole in the side of the case, on the PSU side. Maybe you could mount it on the HDD bracket somehow with the face popping out the side. Not sure about the dimensions though especially with the radiator above. I might be better to consider the tube combo unit, which you can mount to the motherboard panel so you can see your fluid from the window.

Dunno about performance differences, google it, usually at most 1-3 degrees C really depends on the fans RPM and the speed of the pump.

i think he uses an alphacool d5 vario pump

I took the link off his PCPP build of skunkworks, it's on one of his vids

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

I took the link off his PCPP build of skunkworks, it's on one of his vids

2:41

mann i drew fancy pics in paint, forgot about the case manual haha. With the CPU blocks they are all the supremacy evo line, the only difference is the underside which makes contact with the cpu, it comes in nickel and copper, [shinny, or shinny orange haha].

Heres this: https://www.dazmode.com/store/product/ek-bay-dcp-2_2-combo-unit-with-pump/

But you would have to physically cut a hole in the side of the case, on the PSU side. Maybe you could mount it on the HDD bracket somehow with the face popping out the side. Not sure about the dimensions though especially with the radiator above. I might be better to consider the tube combo unit, which you can mount to the motherboard panel so you can see your fluid from the window.

Dunno about performance differences, google it, usually at most 1-3 degrees C really depends on the fans RPM and the speed of the pump.

i reallly like the pump/res combo you linked, was one of the ones i was looking at on the EK webstore, wouldnt i be able to mount to the floor of the case using velcro tape ? or wait doesnt this case have hdd mounting bays  wouldn't that pump/res combo you linked mount into one of those ?

This is absolutely shallow, but if you got a ROG mobo, i think a black block would look better

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

This is absolutely shallow, but if you got a ROG mobo, i think a black block would look better

not gonna lie, but man i was reallllly thinking about doing an all black build, but then i thought that it wouldn't look as nice, so i came up with a white cpu block idea, with black fittings and using clear tubing ,with white pastel coolant .

2:41

that's his old build

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

i reallly like the pump/res combo you linked, was one of the ones i was looking at on the EK webstore, wouldnt i be able to mount to the floor of the case using velcro tape ? or wait doesnt this case have hdd mounting bays  wouldn't that pump/res combo you linked mount into one of those ?

Yea you could mount it to the floor, but you understand that the panel is solid on that side, unless they sell a the windows separately you won't be able to see it hence why I mention cutting a hole with a dremel and a jigsaw, you could rent them for a day. I don't believe you can mount the DBAY on the HDD cage without drilling some new holes. It is designed to be mounted in the front of a case like this: http://www.overclock.net/t/1320682/sponsored-alienware-aurora-alx-xl/30

Scroll down a bit, just for the image.